Help me buy a car

yfz6r

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought you were soliciting donations for a new car...
So by clicking on it does that indicate you would like to donate lol.

Just looking for advice. I know a lot about motorcycles but not cars.

Sirnice

Corolla!!!!

I drove my 2000 corolla for 10 years and almost 200k miles before I traded it in. It can probably go another 200 miles if I wanted it to. It was rear ended twice and a hit and run on the side on the freeway. Still ran perfectly until I traded it.

It's extremely reliable. I average in the mid 30s and consistently over 40mpg on the freeway.
Only need oil change and of course tire and brake pads. Low cost to insure. Very comfortable for commuting (smooth and quiet ride).

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
My wife has a Yaris. Great car. I drove it from NH to SC and back, averaged 7-9 MPH over the limit and the trip was 41 MPG when I averaged the whole ride. Never once gave me any issues!

True that they are hard to find used and for that kind of money though.

The Focus and the Mazda 3 are essentially the same car... both roll off the same line (as of late) and neither are "American" BUT they are great cars non the less! Son's GF was getting about 37 mpg with hers but she just went to the brand new model. No idea on the MPG yet as she still has the temp plate. :D Good LOOKING car too. She got the ALL black sport model(not the RS)