HELP i dont know what is wrong with my bike

• Thread starter 2012fz6rstreetfighter
  • Start date

2012fz6rstreetfighter

its a 2012 fz6r me and my girl was riding home about a month ago and everything just died all my ash light everything like i had no power anywere. i can push start it just fine when i put a hot wire from the battery to the back of the ignition siwtch but without the hot wire going to the igniton switch everything kicks on my ignition is working. but when its running i have no neutral light or when i put my kickstand down the bike dies if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

2012fz6rstreetfighter

yeah i have was there with him for two hours and couldnt find anything its not throwing codes everything is the right voltage its just weird. thats what i thought it was was a short but i checked the whole harnesss

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

Check the neutral light circuit and connectors.

I've seen the wire come out of the gearbox case near the selector rod.

Hopefully its just a fuse or relay for the ignition power.

2012fz6rstreetfighter

yeah ill look at it i mean i do wheelie it alot.. is just really weird how it is my relay and fuses are all working and all have power. i have never seen it on any other bike

2012fz6rstreetfighter

were exactly is he neutral switch and plugs? thats about the only thing i have not messed with so far.

FastFreddy

You'll have to download the workshop manual and figure it out.
All the wiring and plug layouts are in there.

I couldn't see the neutral wire on quick inspection then, I've seen it before on other bikes.

I'm guessing that's the CAS (Crank Angle Sensor) wire on the right hand side.

I'll check for a pic in the workshop manual.

2012fz6rstreetfighter

thats what i was thinin from wheelien but its weird i can turn my key on and nothing no power anywere ive never seen it before. it just got daylight im fiin to go out there and look at the neutral safety switch

2012fz6rstreetfighter

pics are small im looking it up now i got my safety witch loose i jut cant get it to come up to come out

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

2012fz6rstreetfighter

thats what is weird i have a hot wire running to the power wire on the ignition so when i turn my key on everything comes on and i have to push start it because whatever electrical went wrong it killed my battery.if i dont have that hot wire going to the ignition then i can turn my key on and nothing comes on at all. i thought it was my ignition but if i run my hot wire to another plug that turns everything on then it wont start unless the key is on

2012fz6rstreetfighter

and everything seems to be perfect charging good everything is getting power ive tested literally everything only thing i can think of is my voltage regulator it has power going in the hot wire on the plug but no power coming out any other wire on the plug

ej'sfz

have you checked the connections on the back side of the ignition switch or kill switch on the handle bar? power goes from battery to ignition, and ignition to everywhere else, so start tracin your powers from battery to switch and switch on out to kill switch