Helmet Visor Fog

bjpinub

I was wondering what everyone does to prevent their helmet from fogging up. When I ride, I try to keep the visor open one notch. The problem I see with this is there is still a little gap for flying insects to get into the helmet. Although the gap is really small, my bad luck would be the gap being big enough for a bee/hornet to get in, resulting in a really fun/interesting ride and need for a quick stop.

Are there any commercial products (with web links) on the market to help reduce/eliminate the visor from fogging up while riding? Anyone had experience with them?

Newmason

Breathe out your nose? I've never had my visor fog up yet.

FitZ6R

The Pinlock system (antifog inserts that attach to the inside of the shield) is supposed to be really good.

Personally, I wear glasses, so anti-fog shields are only half the solution. I frequently end up opening my visor at stops and low speeds. No stinging insects, yet.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bjpinub

Cat Crap is the only thing I've tried that really works well.
What the h***? Is this sarcasm or a reason for people to get a cat?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjpinub

Breathe out your nose? I've never had my visor fog up yet.
I usually breathe out my nose, but I guess the extra weight of my gut and/or the heat makes me breathe a little harder, lol.

The Pinlock system (antifog inserts that attach to the inside of the shield) is supposed to be really good.

Personally, I wear glasses, so anti-fog shields are only half the solution. I frequently end up opening my visor at stops and low speeds. No stinging insects, yet.
I too wear glasses. It seems like what few times I have been riding, the only time my visor fogs up is when I am sitting in the driveway, getting situated, and getting ready to leave. Haven't had my glasses fog up yet. I do remember my mom having some kind of gel/paste you could put on glasses to prevent/reduce fogging... maybe this is the same stuff people are mentioning to put put on a visor.

haha... nah, check out: Cat Crap Visor Anti-Fog - webBikeWorld

but, I just got my pinlock for my Shoei RF1000 and have had no issues, of course, all the cold is gone now, but it did very well in the rain the other day in the 50's. I have to get some batteries for my camera, then I'll post up some pics.
Thanks for the clarification... I was beginning to wonder how smearing feline feces on a visor could reduce fogging, not to mention how one could tolerate the smell inside the helmet... I guess you can tell I am still very green in regards to motorcycling. I also wonder if any of their lenses would work with a Fulmer helmet?

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Are any of these products safe for prescription lenses in glasses? I don't have a problem with the visor fogging, but my glasses fog like crazy, riding or not.

Heineken

Elite Member

JZIPPOZ

I have this with my HJC and it is unbelievable. I never fogs up at all and does not affect your vision at all. It is a clear liner for inside the helmet with a silicone ring around the edges to prevent any moisture/fog. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has fogging issues. It came with my HJC CL-16. And before i put it on the helmet i was getting pretty frustrated with my new helmet due to sever fogging. But now the only thing that will fog up are my sunglasses.