Helmet ponytails

R

RyanK

Bummer...I thought this was going to be a helpful thread when I saw it on the mainpage. My wife's hair is a tangled MESS after we get back from riding, as it is permed and at least half way down her back. It takes forever to brush it out. Any thoughts? (not trying to high jack though..)

Those are kinda neat; never seen them before. The girls version of the mohawk I guess. They won't be on my wife's helmet though, just like the mohawk's not on mine...

jdesiano1

Bummer...I thought this was going to be a helpful thread when I saw it on the mainpage. My wife's hair is a tangled MESS after we get back from riding, as it is permed and at least half way down her back. It takes forever to brush it out. Any thoughts? (not trying to high jack though..)

Those are kinda neat; never seen them before. The girls version of the mohawk I guess. They won't be on my wife's helmet though, just like the mohawk's not on mine...
Tell her to put leave in conditioner through her hair, put it in a low ponytail and she should be fine. If she is going for perfect hair I can't help her there.

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

honest vote? i vote negative on that one. Nothing against anyone who might have them, but i think they are tacky as hell. Unless you are in to that sort of thing. Maybe some handle bar tassels and a bell would be sweet too

i would vote the same way on guys mohawks... uber gay

F

FizzySix

I'm a guy, but I used to have long hair. It wasn't permed of course, but the wind would cause it to get terribly tangled.

She'll need to restrain it from blowing in the wind somehow. I used get my girlfriend at the time to braid mine, or I would tie it in a couple ponytail ties, one near my head in the usual location, and one at or near the end of the ponytail.

Not sure what either would do to a perm, if anything.....

S

shuckle

I think they're awesome and I'm going to get some. My wife thinks I'll look silly.

Y

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Yeah I was wondering if they just scream Look at me, I need attention.
yeaaahh... but, if you do have longer hair... try drilling two large holes in either side and pulling them through :thumbup: just take the helmet off before you drill

S

Steph

Well, at the risk of getting flamed...again. I have the ponytails, I made them myself. I attached them with velcro so I can take them off on a really windy day. You do feel a bit like a bobblehead on the freeways...I just take them off at the last gas stop before hitting the entrance.
I love them. I'm not going to get into the "attention" thing...if you like it....do it.

You can see mine in my avatar.

A

Andz

My wife doesn't have a ponytail but she has a blue mohican, a cat and a dog that she puts on her helmet from time to time. I think it looks crap but hey what do I know?

K

keira

Not for me, personally, but to each his own. They seem like the mohawks that are out there - one more thing to worry about falling off on a long ride...

K

keira

I'm a guy, but I used to have long hair. It wasn't permed of course, but the wind would cause it to get terribly tangled.

She'll need to restrain it from blowing in the wind somehow. I used get my girlfriend at the time to braid mine, or I would tie it in a couple ponytail ties, one near my head in the usual location, and one at or near the end of the ponytail.

Not sure what either would do to a perm, if anything.....
That is a good suggestion. I have also seen women use those wraps that you can find at Harley stores....you know, they wrap around the hair and snap in place. Also, keeping it tucked into her jacket may work, especially if you aren't going too far.

M

MarinaFazer

That is a good suggestion. I have also seen women use those wraps that you can find at Harley stores....you know, they wrap around the hair and snap in place. Also, keeping it tucked into her jacket may work, especially if you aren't going too far.
+1 - I've seen this and asked them about it and they loved it.

E

ender

If you're still here 30 years from now, you'll wish you had done it back now.

Are you saying there is something wrong with handle bar tassels?

The motorcycle is only an excuse for all the leather. ;)

MNDZA

I think they're cute and funny, but will definitely draw attention. However, if you want attention, then they're ok.

B

Bren

A helmet ponytail would be so neat! Or fluffy ears.

RyanK: a well done braid tugged in her jacket should do fine. (I tried to leave my hair open once. It took me half an hour to get the melon-sized tangled mass to look straight again...)

F

FizzySix

Yeah I was wondering if they just scream Look at me, I need attention.
Nah, they say "Surprise! There's a girl under all this leather!"

Then, you will probably get attention, not because you've got ponytails on your helmet, but because most of the other motorcyclists are guys. :D