Helmet Hook/Lock on 2009 fz6r

rjsantana20

I do like that carry bag. I thought about riding to the gym. I checked it out the other day and noticed the lockers are pretty big (NYSC). Now, if I can just make it back to the gym to try out the locker. LOL!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

atomoverride

I dont think leaving my 230$ helmet laying around on my bike would be smart for a extended period of time. But im talking like going to eat, or walking around a beach or something. I might just have to get some cases or something.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
SOB, glad I'm not near you;)
sounds like you have ppl w/ some serious issues...
around here, they get caught doing that and they get "taken care of"... mmmmmm, didn't like the way he looked at that helmet, mmmmmm, so I..... mmmm.. hhhhh... I $%@#$#$ his #$#$#@ #$%$.....

heh... good ol' Billy Bob... yeah
:D Well, this is part of living near and around touristy areas so you have to choose where you are willing to park the bike and what to leave behind. Rule of thumb is if you're in those areas, don't leave anything with the bike OR leave someone with the bikes OR, don't wander out of sight-line. It's not the locals in NH that would do this, it's the damned tourists that flock to the area and make whole towns and beaches unsavory places to visit when you'd most want to be there.

Tourist season is when we locals head to places we keep a secret from the tourists! ;) Those places, you CAN leave all your gear and not worry.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Negated

My full face helmut is left on my bunny ear (mirror). luckily it takes a little finessing to get it off. But then i also only got a eighty dollar helmut so i dont cry if it Does gets stolen, wet, or scratched. The mirroe fits right through the face of the helmut when i put it on then turn it sideways hah. Wont see me popping my seat of to fix my helmut to a tiny cable that a gerbal with a purpose could break.

geolemon

no way I'd leave my helmet with my bike either. In fact I just bought one of these:
Fieldsheer Lid Pack Helmet Bag - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

It's on sale, so it was cheap, and I can wear it empty under my vest without even noticing it there. Plus if I need to carry something small, I've got it on hand.
I bought a backpack that i believe was for sports.
It has a cargo net that zips into a pouch (the pic showed it holding a basketball) that I use for my helmet, a water bottle holder that I use with an insulated thermos for my morning coffee, and have my dress shoes for work in my backpack (and lunch if I pack it) and I've got a whole commuting solution in a bag!

I've seen a few bags like mine now - another option. Mine wasn't pricey, sub-$60