Hello! Newbie here from Central WI!

lajlijthoj

Hi guys, I just bought a 2009 white FZ6R with about 4,000 miles on it and the hideous decals.. I use to own a 2008 Ninja 250R, could not stand it because it sounded like a lawnmower, so I sold it. I can tell the 6R was laid down once or twice so I had a few questions.
It seems the bike will not go into neutral easily, it takes quite a few times to get into neutral. What are my potential problems and how can I get it fixed?
Another problem, not from being laid down, but the previous owner installed "heated handles" and the acceleration handle won't snap back as smoothly or quickly; it's "loose". You have to either manually put it back up after gassing it to clutch/shift, or there is a slight lag time for it to snap back, which has made me overrev while shifting a few times. Not sure if this is making sense..
But what can I do about the accelerator problem? The previous owner recommended to just "glue" it so it snaps back.

I have already shaved the seat and lowered it 1.5" front and back, not planning to do twisties at the track.
Here are the upcoming plans:
-Integrated LED turn signals
-Front HID, any recommendations besides ebay?
-LED taillight
-Tinted windshield
-Red wheel stripes
-Cut and weld exhaust/slip on after header or pick up R6(What year?) exhaust manifold and get a slip on.

I have read a little on the Marthy exhaust, do you have to send in core part first or can you deposit and send your OEM after? How's the quality and of which brand and model comes with the Marthy exhaust? Basically he just wields a pipe to the OEM header and gives you a slip on?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

codys21

I am also curious where you're from. I have the white 2009 FZ6R as well and from Stevens Point. About your post, my bike typically goes into neutral pretty easily, but when I first got the bike I missed neutral quite a few times.

latony007

Mine is moody, sometimes goes into nuetral no problem sometimes i have to go up and down a couple times. I had my seats redone and what a huge difference, especailly if you shaved it down your going to be in pain after 40 minutes. Other mods are good picks. Welcome to the FZ6R be safe and have fun.

defiant26

If you plan on going with the R6 header, let me know. I have one that I will sell.