Hello from Alberta!

tkrywit

Hey everyone.

I have been lurking on the forums for a few years now, trying to get a sense of the bike before I bought one. I was looking to step up from my CBR125R, but didn't really want a supersport. Long story short, I bought a 2009 Raven FZ6R in August of last year.
I love the bike, and try to get out on it every day that I can (Canadian weather permitting). It's wonderfully smooth and powerful, especially compared to my CBR.
I still remember the very first time I cracked the throttle fully open; it felt like I was doing a horizontal chinup as the earth spun backwards. Lots of fun. :D

Here she is:
fizzle23.jpg

DakinechicK

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :cheer:

Thanks for finally signing up, you lurker you. ;)

abyss1406

Welcome, yeah tons of great info on here

Biker-Phil

Hi and welcome. I'm a new member myself (Dallas, TX). My wife is from your neck of the woods. She grew up in Cochrane, AB. I've been to Banff a few times, but always in a car. I can only imagine how fun those twisty roads through the Canadian Rockies would be in the summer.

tkrywit

Thanks. I've been to Cochrane many times. I used to do triathlons there when I was younger. I can't wait to finally get into the Rockies on a bike. Now if only this temperamental Canadian weather would end...