Hello Everyone!

amorello

Hello ladies and gentleman,
I recently purchased a 2014 FZ6R and just joined the forum.
I'm a car guy and a heavy modder, but since I am a new rider I don't want to play around with the bike too much. Any simple/important mods you guys would recommend?
Looking forward to ask plenty of questions and gain knowledge here :zombie:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
A better windscreen was my first mod. The factory one was just perfect for blasting turbulent air right up under my chin bar. Someone posted here that it was actually a smoother ride with no windscreen at all, I believe it.

The Puig touring windscreen helps a great deal.

Next was fender eliminator and LED integrated brake light/turn signal (although I've since reinstalled the fender so that I can use SW-Motech racks with Givi E22 side cases).

On deck for me is braided steel brake lines for the front brakes, will do that soon.

Looks around, tons of good info here!

09Fz6r_Smash

Hi I'm also new

Bought a 09 fz6r last summer done a couple mods: R6 header with m4 slip on saved money then buying a two brothers exhaust installed light side mounts 6k Hids lowered the bike spray painted the windshield glossy black looks real nice seen no point spending all that money on a tinted screen also a fender eliminator and shorty levers

Chris12

Hello ladies and gentleman,
I recently purchased a 2014 FZ6R and just joined the forum.
I'm a car guy and a heavy modder, but since I am a new rider I don't want to play around with the bike too much. Any simple/important mods you guys would recommend?
Looking forward to ask plenty of questions and gain knowledge here :zombie:
Welcome!

Simple/important mods -
Well you didn't say it had to be cheap, so I'm going to recommend exhaust. The full exhaust is super easy to swap, and I think its important because it will get you seen by the delerious drivers out there. I went with a two brothers system, but there are other options including our 600cc forum member "marthy" who is making custom sytems to order (right now if I'm not mistaken).

Great to have a new member around!