Hello all the way from Melbourne Australia!!!

Malicioso

Hey Guys

Thought I'd say hello and use this opportunity to introduce my self.

My name is Walter and I'm a 29yr old Mechanical Draftsman making drawing for Food and Dairy factories using AutoCAD. I'm from Latin American background El Salvadorean to be precise, I moved to Aus back in 1995 with the old man and basically have grown up here in Melbourne. I love anything mechanical and have a great passion for cars in particular early 70s Japanese models and have in fact owned several cars in the past, some which I have built and some which have just been weekend toys.

I finally decided to make the jump onto two wheels after seeing a lot of ppl I know getting on and going for rides, my ex GF totally hated them and since we've been broken up almost two years I thought it was time to go get my license which I did together with a close mate of mine about two months ago.

I initially was looking at cruiser bikes and then changed my mind half way through looking and was then searching for naked bikes like the Kawasaki ER6N and Suzuki Gladius, I ended up with the FZ6R because my mate pointed it out to me while visiting the dealership and what attracted me to it was the fact that it has the sporty looks and still able to be comfortable opposed to a Super Sports, also the fact that my feet could be flat on the ground and resale would be good too.

Anyway enough yapping and time for some photos :)

Couple of previous and current car

Bert-Aus

Love the Datsun
...ahh reminds me of so much fun (except my mates Dato was alot shitter than yours by the looks of it)

and Welcome too!!

Malicioso

Love the Datsun
...ahh reminds me of so much fun (except my mates Dato was alot shitter than yours by the looks of it)

and Welcome too!!
Yeah mate I'm still kicking my self for selling it, at one point it was my daily driver, used to get the :thumbup: everywhere I went, I miss those days :(

Thanks Bud :)

Malicioso

Looks great ! We got the exact same bike haha
How's breaking in the engine going ?
Awesome!

Yeah it's going good, I've been letting it warm up and cool down after a long ride, I also was taking it easy prior to the 1000km mark, now that it's close to 1300kms I've given it a bit more but not thrashed it, I've also been filling it with nothing less than 98ron fuel.

tanoz

Oh how come you have been using 98?
My dealer told me to just use 95 as 98 would be too rich for the engine?
and wow thats a lot in a short time! I've had it a week and still haven't even hit 100... given I'm taking it slow I didn't think I was that slow

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Malicioso

Oh how come you have been using 98?
My dealer told me to just use 95 as 98 would be too rich for the engine?
and wow thats a lot in a short time! I've had it a week and still haven't even hit 100... given I'm taking it slow I didn't think I was that slow
I guess it's just more out of habit, all my cars with the exception of my latest car (Pulsar GTI-R United fuel 100 ron), have run 98 ron
I also asked the same question and the dealer said there was no harm in running 98 on the bike...
Yep sure is alot, I've been heading out almost every weekend and lately been riding in to work :)

Thanks Anthony your bike looks hella sharp too!

Last edited: