Heated glove liners

Cerebus

So it was 40'couple degrees this morning and even coming through town, my fingers got cold quickly. I invested in a good set of gloves for protection, so I don't want to give them up for a set a heated gloves. As a result, I need a heated liner. I don't want anything wired, so I need something battery powered.

So far all I've found are the Venture Heat liners...
Battery Heated Glove Liners - City Collection by VentureHeat

Does anyone have experience with these? ...or something similar?

Last edited:

lwclancers

This search will drive you insane, its bothered me for the last 3 years trying to find a suitable solution. Liners sucked, used hand/wind guards, they helped, tried goretex windproof gloves, they help some.

In the end, I wouldnt pay $170 for these liners...Id bite the bullet and just get heated gloves.

Finally got a pair of Gerbings (was a gift) and I really like them.

MaximumHP

I've been trying to find a solution for this too, my gloves fit way to tight to fit any liners other than the slimmest of liners inside, so I've tried to find something that is windproof and insulated to go over the top and haven't found anything I'm a real big fan of yet. I even have a pair of "Warmer" gloves that still aren't all that warm, but it's the best I've found so far (they were on sale cheap so I tried them). I find the problem is it can be 36 degrees on my morning ride in, and 70 on my way home, not easy to find stuff that works in both conditions comfortably.

Muddog7998

Look up diving gloves on amazon. I've worked outside in 10 degrees and about 30 mile an hour winds, while raining. Been stuck like that while standing in one spot for 4 hours. My hands were perfectly warm and toasty. No restrictions, waterproof, windproof, and they even have grippy stuff for the palms and fingers. Used them for riding a couple times when I couldn't find my riding gloves and I had no problems. And they're only like 20-30 bucks for a decent pair.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

jearnshaw

I know you wanted to stay away from plug in liners but after many many glove combos with many more different liners I took the plunge and ordered a set from Powerlet. I couldn't tell you how they compare to Gerbings but they are very nice...feel like a pair of silk liners and the heating element is on the outside of the glove to give you a layer of warmth from the cold. I was getting caught is 15 degree nights on my way home and my where toasty warm.

VRIIClubby

Do you fellas over there ever use heated grips?

These are the ones I purchased:
Oxford Heated Grips Premium Touring - FC-Moto Shop
and here they are in The USA, slightly different name I notice
http://www.oxford-products.com/us/products/Heaterz-Sports.html

I put a pair of these on mine after getting told by nearly everyone that rides where I live that they will be the best mod I do to my bike.

I got to say, they where correct! On the long trips even in summer I have mine on the minimum setting, they appear to stop cramps, your hands dont get sore with them on, seems your blood circulation is improved dramatically with them,the only drawback I have found is that if you are highly hydrated, they make you feel like you want to piss...until you get off the bike that is...

Combined with my winter gloves that are water and wind proof I have never had a cold digit to complain about, no numbness in my hands afrter 5+ hours,

love em!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ReChUcK

2 cent opinion:

As a year-round motorbike commuter in Seattle, grip heaters are not worth your time. You have to hold onto the grips as if your life depended on it just to get some warmth from them. Let go of the left grip for any reason, and it cools down to square one.

I made my own heated gloves (about 40$ total cost, plus 2 afternoons of construction) using 28 gauge wire and a battery pack from an RC car, and they worked so, so much better. As a DIY prototype they were a bit janky and could use an entire redesign- I misjudged how many amps would be necessary for comfort and they would get too hot, requiring me to turn them on and off periodically.

If you will be riding in the cold enough to warrant some expensive heated gloves, I'd say that's the best way to go.

/2 cent rant

VRIIClubby

2 cent opinion:

As a year-round motorbike commuter in Seattle, grip heaters are not worth your time. You have to hold onto the grips as if your life depended on it just to get some warmth from them. Let go of the left grip for any reason, and it cools down to square one.

If you will be riding in the cold enough to warrant some expensive heated gloves, I'd say that's the best way to go.

/2 cent rant
Id have to strongly disagree with you on that, I can have my hands off for a few minutes and as soon as they are back on their they are nice and toasty, the grip stays warm...well with the Oxfords it does, not sure what you have utilised in your findings.

The same can be said for Jo blow standing next to the bike, they touch them and instantly feel the warmth of them.

Not mention the other benefits of not cramping whilst on long rides, conveniance of not plugging anything in, wear whatever gloves you want to, warranty, warranty and warranty, anyway sounding like a salesman,

Im just wrapped with how good mine work, was in Canberra and had to ride arund @ 3am and I was nice and warm in -4c...

Maadi

Wow this is a very useful thread! I am facing the same dilemma right now, it has been in the 40's in the mornings this week and with my current gear I can't ride to work... I am considering the wired heated glove liners, though, because I would also get the jacket liner. I will probably buy Firstgear, because that's the brand they sell at the local Yamaha place. Any knowledge on that brand, anybody?

Sent from my HTC EVO Design using Tapatalk 2

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member