Headlight issue

davet7469

I went to put in my new HID kit and it wasn't working, so i tried putting back my original bulb and that stopped working. I tried checking the fusebox and they all seem intact. I've done HID kits before so i'm surprised i had issues this time. Everything else seems to be working fine. Signals, turns on, speedometer. Any thoughts of what i may be missing?

mtb4ever

Problems like this are always a challenging pain in the ***. Try a test light on the connections before plugging in the old headlight to make sure juice is coming through. If yes then the old bulb may have gone bad on you, if no then double-check your fuses. If fuses are all good then there is a ground or power circuit short somewhere you're going to have to find. Check all the wiring and connections around where you've been working on the headlight to see if something fell out of place or got pinched.

Electrical can be so annoying...

davet7469

So the headlight works again, i think i made an idiot mistake of not turning the ignition on to turn on the headlight. For some reason i thought it just turned on when the speedometer turned on. Been driving myself crazy over something so simple. Anyway, i got the HID's in and i got post some pics of everything else i had done.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member