Have You ever advise someone how he bad is riding?

jocampo

I did it Friday. I was in my car. This guy wasn't wearing helmet, no jacket, nothing. He was swerving between lanes. Cutting people off. Even decided to move from leftmost lane where he was going to turn left during a red traffic light to center lane. There was when I rolled down my window and told him: " sir, you're gonna have an accident". His answer? "F* you *****".

He keep insulting me even tried to cut me off (kind of stupid, he almost got hit by a car)

The whole situation was scary for me. I really thought he was gonna crash.

But I think I will not tell anybody a damn thing ever again.

Has this happened to someone?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jocampo

I was scared, not of me, but of him! I even said a small pray after I lost him.

He looked on drugs, drunk, high or something. Was riding a Harley with paper tags and the bike had a small fly screen. And I actually don't like Harley's, lol, but it was a nice bike.

He was riding erratically which makes be believe he was not an experienced rider or was under the influence somehow.

Bert-Aus

I have tried to talk to riders a couple times about safety whilst on the road to no avail before.

But I guess in all aspects, if you think about when you have your lid on, it is difficult to hear what someone is saying to you from a car (actually saying, even though we assume it is always abuse).

Usually IMO the only time you can have a genuine 'ride safe' or ATGATT conversation with another rider is if you are both on bikes & pulled over at fuel/ food/ lookout stops. Otherwise they probably think you are some crank & dont respect anything you say

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

DragonBlu

gene pool needs cleaning every once in a while... if they are endangering others, call 911. just themselves.... oh well...
You are a hard man Don, but I agree 100%. I've been told I'm a little hard myself.(At least that's what she said) It is hard to tell a rider he doesn't know what he's doing, because those kind know it all. They have to learn the hard way.:(

Grumpy

I spoke to a good friend who rides about his tail gating but that is about it. Never to anyone I didn't know very well.

latony007

Usually IMO the only time you can have a genuine 'ride safe' or ATGATT conversation with another rider is if you are both on bikes & pulled over at fuel/ food/ lookout stops. Otherwise they probably think you are some crank & dont respect anything you say

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
I agree and even then it can be a touchy subject. Its a free country i try not to harp on anyone too much just explain why i wear my gear and leave it at that.