Have to buy new tires again!!!

tr1umph4nt

Bought My FZ6R in May. a month later i had a nail stuck on the side of my rear tire, So i bought a new rear tire. Last week during my inspection of my bike before i go ride to work, theres a small nail right on the middle, I took the nail off and plugged the hole. The air seems to be leaking out, so im thinking the plug is not effective. Now im thinking of buying a different set of tires, the dunlop brand that came with my motorocycle is a just attract nails.

How often do you guys get a nail stuck to your tires?

will415

On my ZX6 i had a nail in my front tire while riding air went out and i had to replace that was on dunlop qualifiers, then on my R6 my rear dunlop qualifier got a flat one time, and on my R1 never had one and on this one hope i dont ether cause man it sucks. Where do you even live lol seems like people be droppen nails all over the place lol.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

tr1umph4nt

On my ZX6 i had a nail in my front tire while riding air went out and i had to replace that was on dunlop qualifiers, then on my R6 my rear dunlop qualifier got a flat one time, and on my R1 never had one and on this one hope i dont ether cause man it sucks. Where do you even live lol seems like people be droppen nails all over the place lol.
I live in the LA, CA area. I dont know why my motorcycle get them nails, My cars take the same routes and no nails on the tires.

dsanchez222

If your looking at buying a new tire and you do alot of commuting then I recommend the Michelin Road Pilot 3. I got mine put on last Friday and got it broke in on the first day. So far i've put about 500 miles on it and I love it. I commute on my bike every day and find time to go out and hit a few twisties too. So far the tire has yet to disappoint. I'm a new rider and the tire gives me complete confidence when I'm cornering that it wont slip. So far I've put some pretty heavy lean on it too and it's very nice.

Adroit

You might take a look at the Shinko Raven 009s as well, they were recommended to me on the forums and have been working great (not to mention they are quite a bit cheaper than other tires I looked at).

efforex

Bought My FZ6R in May. a month later i had a nail stuck on the side of my rear tire, So i bought a new rear tire. Last week during my inspection of my bike before i go ride to work, theres a small nail right on the middle, I took the nail off and plugged the hole. The air seems to be leaking out, so im thinking the plug is not effective. Now im thinking of buying a different set of tires, the dunlop brand that came with my motorocycle is a just attract nails.

How often do you guys get a nail stuck to your tires?
If you do any aggressive canyon carving i would recommend looking into the hypersport s20