Has anybody dented the R6 header to fit?

yamanube

I haven't test fitted it to see how close it is but some have said it barely touches, would just putting a couple dents in it be easier than bending the header? I don't have easy access to a torch but I do have a BFH.

wykon

Where would be the best place (besides ebay) to look for an 02 R6 header? and what are they going for?

Last edited:

CtrlAltDl

So what exactly do you have to "clearance"?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yamanube

Check with local racers too, a lot of racers by me have removed their stock system for a full system and generally their stock setup is in great shape. The guy I bought my header from had the stock silencer that still had the OEM plastic wrap on it.

jcbrown630

ok so my headers were purportedly from on 02 R6 but when they arrived the grease pen on the headers reads 01 R6. Is there a difference in the 01 and 02 because mine are hitting and won't seat. Right now i have them bolted in place lightly with a bar between them and the engine case to "take the spring out of them" Hopefully after sitting like that since friday they will have "stretched" out a little bit and i'll be able to seat the primaries in the exhaust ports.

yamanube

I would think that '99-'02 should all be the same, they changed the bike in '03. I have an '03 header for mine and will be getting a stock '06 silencer, hopefully I can make it work.

jcbrown630

Also, how is everybody attaching the end of the header (the end nearest the silencer) to the bike?
Right now mine isn't, but there's no weight on that end right now. I've got a mig so i'm going to weld a tab on the bottom of the box section of the frame under the back of the motor.