Handlebar Risers

latony007

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Pivoting pair??? Where did you get those? What ones for our bike?
Placing my hand on top of current bar, I think I only need a 1" up and MAYBE back. So hopefully I wouldnt need new brake line for that. But I am not sure if I want the back part or not, so pivoting would be awesome!
Thanks in advance
I got them from my Yamaha dealer. You can probably get 1" somewhere but they apparently only have one supplier or something. Anyway they raise up 2" and pivot basically 180 degrees so you could pivot them all the way forward or all the way back. Its hard to lock em down if you pivot over say 10 degrees though. I can try and get a close up picture of them if you want.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Yeah can you take a pic please?! Do you know what Brand they are?
I cant remember but I can check with the dealer. Ill try and get a picture when I get home.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

latony007

Yeah can you take a pic please?! Do you know what Brand they are?
Here you go guys. Hope this helps. These work great and took off the massive pressure i was putting on my wrists but i still would like them back towards me a bit. The plus on these is you can move them around wherever is good for you. However you can only go so far before all the cables become an issue.

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

That is actually what I am thinking of getting as my next mod for the bike. I was just interested in this idea so much because when I ride, I will make a fist (simulate holding a grip) right on top of the current grip thus simulating a 1" up. That feels pretty good to me, but yet a 1" back might feel pretty good too. If I could get something where I could try it both ways, yet only pay 1x, I would be happy. :)
that's exactly what I did and the way I felt. id try and get one of the pivot ones so you can adjust it to however you like it then lock it down but im not sure if they have 1" pivot.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

Very good question! I would love to know this also

I am not sure I want to begin looking at bars right now. I am not totally sure I want just the 1 up also. Reason being I have the puig touring screen now and I also got handguards. I see that with the touring you can not get to full lock with the handguards. With the handguards and only 1 up, I would have even less turn ability. I am debating sending back the handguards and get my $80 back for the extenders, mounts, guards. But even without the guards, the bar would hit the touring screen if it is only up 1" and not back any.

Just incase though, and maybe to help you get rid of them.... What would you be looking for on them?

From what I can make out on your pics, looks like ROX? brand? Kinda what I would really like..
Yes it is ROX and one up and one back should not need new lines. I went the two up ok but to tilt it back any is what required the extra room in the brake line, if you only go up one you can probably tilt back as far as you want without extending. think I had to just loosen the clutch cable and move it under another wire to increase its slack. Its well worth it if you are having wrist trouble. Bike seemed so comfy on the showroom floor but by the time I got it home my wrist was killing me.