Handlebar risers?

llervero

Does anybody knows if the risers for the FZ6 will fit our FZ6R? and How far can I go without any modifications to the cables and wires?

llervero

Anybody? I have look all over the internet and nothing.

fz6rwolf

No idea, sorry.

cbzdel

Its a new bike, someone needs to be a guinea pig lol try it out and see what happens

MNDZA

Its a new bike, someone needs to be a guinea pig lol try it out and see what happens
And someone needs to be a guinea pig and try some clip ons to lower the bars (that's what clip ons do right) because I'm itching for a more aggressive riding position now!

cbzdel

And someone needs to be a guinea pig and try some clip ons to lower the bars (that's what clip ons do right) because I'm itching for a more aggressive riding position now!
whats a clip on? just the term clip on alone doesnt sound safe if its used to lower the bike haha.

RZ350 Rider

whats a clip on? just the term clip on alone doesnt sound safe if its used to lower the bike haha.
A set of "Clip ons" are handlebars that mount to the fork tubes and not the risers on the top triple tree. They have clamps that go around the fork tubes and are safe. Look at a GP bike to see what they look like.

RZ350 Rider

cbzdel

ok I get it, but this seems like it would change the riding position alot wouldnt it, and put alot more body weight onto your arms and hands..

plus it would no longer be an upright riding position would it??

W

wpgibson

i bought a set of SW Motech risers from Twisted Throttle.
1" up and 1" back.

I cut the zip ties restraining the lines to the fork/triple T, but didnt do anything else to get the bars back on.

I seem to recall laying the bars on the tank, then installing the risers, the putting the bars back on the risers...... in order to have enough play in the cable.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Would clip-ons also improve the handling, especially in hard corners??

Raelcreve

Um, if you wanted clip ons, why did you buy an FZ6R?

Second, there is no way to get clip-ons on this bike without modifying the fairing.

Raelcreve

i bought a set of SW Motech risers from Twisted Throttle.
1" up and 1" back.

I cut the zip ties restraining the lines to the fork/triple T, but didnt do anything else to get the bars back on.

I seem to recall laying the bars on the tank, then installing the risers, the putting the bars back on the risers...... in order to have enough play in the cable.
:needpics:

MNDZA

Um, if you wanted clip ons, why did you buy an FZ6R?
I got an FZ6R because it is very easy to manage for a first time rider. However, the more I ride, the more I want to settle into a more aggressive riding position. I've seen a few people buy standards, like a Speed Triple, and put clip ons on it. Just a matter of preference.

fz6rwolf

Any advantage of cornering for ME would be outweighed by all day comfort of the standard bars (I think risers but not back would be great and even more comfy).

K

knightrider

I doubt that it will work unless you go naked with the bike. Good luck and post pics if you get it to work.

FZ6R-HWD

Forget clipons

Hi,
Forget clip on handlebars. They will end up costing you big, provided you are even able to make it work with the bike. If your interested in cornering ability your best bet is to learn and or practice better technique. Master your riding abilities first and then decide if you need an upgrade. I would be willing to bet that an FZ6R in the hands of a professional would do very well. I would be willing to bet that even a better then average rider would not keep up with an accomplished professional on the FZ.

The point I am trying to make is that the bike is most likely going to be able to handle most demands placed on it by a good rider. The clip on bars are not going to enhance your cornering ability in most cases. They will drive you crazy in the comfort department.

Ed

BluePill

I like the adjustability of those, but still too low for me.
Two main reasons that I traded "down" to the FZR from my 2008 CBR1000RR were due to the riding position being very uncomfortable after less than an hour (Back, neck, and palms of the hands from the pressure of so much weight being pushed forward), and the bad vibration in the "clip-on" bars at anything above 45MPH. The FZR has a little bit of "buzz" in the handle bars, but the CBR would make my hands numb. Keep in mind that I am 6'2" - someone 6 or 8 inches shorter might not find clip-ons quite as bad.