Handlebar Position

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

One thing I have never quite understood.....to adjust the handlebar position do you just flip the things the arrows are pointing to in the picture 180 degrees around and the bars will move forward a tad? My bike is being shipped at the moment so I don't have it but I believe there are some arrows that point forward on those pieces. Is that the closer or further position?

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, what Jon said. When you look at the risers, you will see that they are not symmetrical. So when you flip them around, it offsets the handlebars just a little bit in the direction that the arrows point.

AL72

Handlebar risers flip back to stock position

Well, I think this thread is the most appropriate to write this. When I pick up my new FZ6R in the Yamaha dealer, I drove home about 350 km (220 miles), I felt the bike very comfortable, the only annoyance was a little pain in my butt at the end of the journey. Another day I make a trip of 300 km (185 miles) and everything ok.
A few days later I adjust the seat in the high position and flip the handlebar risers to the forward position. I really like the feeling of the handlebars and the riding position, but yesterday I drove 40 km (25 miles) and I felt pain in my wrist and tingling in my hands through the gloves at the end of the trip. So I flip back the risers to stock position, I ride the same 40 km and everything is back to be normal. I don´t know why this happens, it`s not a "aggressive" riding position and I'm not a tall guy (1.79 m- 5 10").
Now I'm thinking about returning the seat to the low position ;)

Regards!

Bert-Aus

When you ride try gripping the bike between your knees and relax your arms.

If your arms or hands are too tense you wont be able to steer the bike smoothly which may cause problems for handling

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

in the 20 mile trip home from the dealer my wrists were killing me. That was the first thing i did was take it back and have them put on some pivoting risers so it was up higher and back towards me a bit and solved the problem.