Had to happen sooner or later

WKD

I only wish it were later, bike is only 2 weeks old and has her first ding. Ironically I was putting on my frame sliders in my sorry excuse of a garage, really should be condemned. I was working on the left side and to a little better I propped up the stand an inch just make it a little more vertical. Found out that the cheap a$$ bolts T-Rex sends with their product strip the hex at about 20lbs torque. So I gave it a little inward pressure which of course started the bike the other direction. I saved it but could not bring her back up so I gently laid her down then picked her up. Since I had the fairings off no biggie I thought but as it happens there was a piece of would (which I put under the swing arm when lubing the chain, until my centerstand that's on back order gets here) and it lined up perfectly with the tank. Apparently the weight of the bike was enough to put the smallest of creases in the tank :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Now when I say small I mean most everyone won't even notice it but I know it's there and it bugs me! :soapbox:

Oh well let the ridicule begin :jerk:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Spunky99

It is not a ding....

The technical term for it is "beauty mark".

I only wish it were later, bike is only 2 weeks old and has her first ding. Ironically I was putting on my frame sliders in my sorry excuse of a garage, really should be condemned. I was working on the left side and to a little better I propped up the stand an inch just make it a little more vertical. Found out that the cheap a$$ bolts T-Rex sends with their product strip the hex at about 20lbs torque. So I gave it a little inward pressure which of course started the bike the other direction. I saved it but could not bring her back up so I gently laid her down then picked her up. Since I had the fairings off no biggie I thought but as it happens there was a piece of would (which I put under the swing arm when lubing the chain, until my centerstand that's on back order gets here) and it lined up perfectly with the tank. Apparently the weight of the bike was enough to put the smallest of creases in the tank :banghead::banghead::banghead:. Now when I say small I mean most everyone won't even notice it but I know it's there and it bugs me! :soapbox:

Oh well let the ridicule begin :jerk:

WKD

Never looked at it that way, guess that makes mine unique:D.

And yeah the tank did ding quite easily, especially compared to the KLR. That KLR was dropped quite a few times on one particular aggressive ride I was on and yet tank and everything (that wasn't plastic) came out unscathed. Oh well I guess that means I'll be keeping this bike upright more ;)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

mblue0122

It happens. Twice in my drive under similar circumstances. No damage minor scratches on the front right turn signal.

Chevyfazer

Never looked at it that way, guess that makes mine unique:D.

And yeah the tank did ding quite easily, especially compared to the KLR. That KLR was dropped quite a few times on one particular aggressive ride I was on and yet tank and everything (that wasn't plastic) came out unscathed. Oh well I guess that means I'll be keeping this bike upright more ;)
I think most metal parts on the klr could stand up fairly well to a 9mm!!! Those bikes truly are bullet proof

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340062507.990782.jpg