Had a fall, thinking of doing own repairs, need input please

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member
First off, thank god your ok. Second, replace the entire master cylinder. Metal shavings or cracks you cant see could affect your brakes. That and from the look of the pictures, the reservoir is damaged.

Please try to wash off the dirt from the foot controls and retake the pictures. I can hardly tell what is damaged besides the foot peg mount.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

The only way to truely know, is to clean the gunk off, pull the damaged parts off and then inspect.

With any luck only that bolt is damaged and not the casing.
For safety (long term) it is better to replace the entire master cylinder -it is your front brakes afterall.
+the price of the few extra parts is worth it for piece of mind.

Your rear brake lever -I would replace that too
Each time steel gets bent it weakens,
it may be ok to get you home, a week, a month -you dont know.
One day you may stomp your foot on it & it shears off!

For your piece of mind and safety it is better to replace all the damaged parts.
For resale value (for when that time comes) it will be easier to sell without any damaged parts Vs some dodged parts made good.

I understand it can take time & $ to get all that work done & can be fun/ a challenge to do it, but you & your bike will be better for it in the long run.

Good to know you had gear on!
& even better news your ok:thumbup:

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Critter

Rob,
My rear brake lever is bent up quite like yours is. Have you found the part yet or that or is your dealer just going to handle for you?? I had a buddy look at it and suggested heating it up and bending it back.. ??? I have not been able to find the part this far, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Suggestions anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk