Greetings from Northern California!

CeeCeeFree

Hi, All!

My name is Christine and I hail from the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
I just got word that the FZ6R I ordered is at the dealer and I can pick it up in the next couple of days! Woohoo! Of course today is Sunday and the dealer is closed Monday. Torture! :)

This isn't my first bike by any means, but it will be my first Yamaha. Up until now, I've been riding Buells, exclusively. (My beloved and I own several of them, both race and street) and in just under a month I'll be racing a 650 Buell on the Bonneville Salt Flats for a couple of AMA National land speed records.

My fiance has a dyno and performance shop at Infineon Raceway and does performance tuning on all sorts of bikes. Of course, he already has some mods planned for my new FZ6R... suspension, exhaust, power commander... we'll see!

For work, I also get to play with motorcycle stuff. I have a great job doing website work and the social media administration for Cycle Gear. So yes, I have a fairly high level of motorcycle saturation in my life. No complaints here, though!

Looking forward to getting to know you folks here!

ksanbon

Welcome!!

I'm looking forward to your future input. BTW, what led you to the 6r?

Keith

CeeCeeFree

I really liked the way this bike just seemed to fit me. I wasn't looking for something with a more aggressive, "attack" riding position. I'll be using it for daily commuting and weekend pleasure riding, and this will get the job done nicely for both.

We have other bikes for long trips (Buell Ulysses XB12, with a full touring set of bags, on which we ride 2-up) and we have a track-only bike (Buell 1125R) As well as other more specialized bikes (LSR race bike, a Buell Blast which was my starter bike...) I wanted something that would be more versatile for my everyday bike.

Rookasaki

:welcome: Seems like you know a lot about the sport! :) Congrats on the 6R. Make sure you post pics when it arrives in your hands. Kinda off topic, how much does your hubby charge for custom mapping? I'm about 3 hours away.

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

welcome and congrats! I often thought about trying to make a living in the moto industry, but after what i loved for a hobby, computers, and having a job at it, it just ruined my passion doing it for work and also play. big ups to you or anyone else that can do it basically 24x7

PS: since you have the connection (hint hint) we need a Forum cycle gear discount :cool:

Rookasaki

welcome and congrats! I often thought about trying to make a living in the moto industry, but after what i loved for a hobby, computers, and having a job at it, it just ruined my passion doing it for work and also play. big ups to you or anyone else that can do it basically 24x7

PS: since you have the connection (hint hint) we need a Forum cycle gear discount :cool:
I second that! :)

CeeCeeFree

Hey Rook!

Dynos start at 300. If it's a configuration (bike/exhaust/other mods)that he hasn't mapped before, there may possibly be a reduction in price. It benefits us to develop a map to have on hand for the next guy down the line who may have a similar configuration.

Do you have any existing mods on it? exhaust, power commander, etc?

Terry is excellent with the dyno. He spent 30 years at United Airlines as a test cell engineer, and a dyno is essentially just a smaller-scale test cell. Taking that knowledge from jets to bikes was a logical progression as he has been riding and racing for 40 years.

There's no charge for a "base" dyno run just to see what kind of numbers it's making now, then you can talk about your options.
We are big fans of the Power Commanders, as they are easily tuneable on a cell by cell basis with our dyno (Land and Sea Dyno, although we work closely with the folks at DynoJet as well.)
If you don't have a Power Commander and might be interested in one, he'll discount the dyno charges if you purchase it as a package. Maps are kept on file indefinitely, so should you need any changes on down the line, they are easy to make. All work is guaranteed.

Let me know if you want more info and I'll put you in touch.

Rookasaki

Hey Rook!

Dynos start at 300. If it's a configuration (bike/exhaust/other mods)that he hasn't mapped before, there may possibly be a reduction in price. It benefits us to develop a map to have on hand for the next guy down the line who may have a similar configuration.

Do you have any existing mods on it? exhaust, power commander, etc?

Terry is excellent with the dyno. He spent 30 years at United Airlines as a test cell engineer, and a dyno is essentially just a smaller-scale test cell. Taking that knowledge from jets to bikes was a logical progression as he has been riding and racing for 40 years.

There's no charge for a "base" dyno run just to see what kind of numbers it's making now, then you can talk about your options.
We are big fans of the Power Commanders, as they are easily tuneable on a cell by cell basis with our dyno (Land and Sea Dyno, although we work closely with the folks at DynoJet as well.)
If you don't have a Power Commander and might be interested in one, he'll discount the dyno charges if you purchase it as a package. Maps are kept on file indefinitely, so should you need any changes on down the line, they are easy to make. All work is guaranteed.

Let me know if you want more info and I'll put you in touch.
Thanks :thumbup: I do have a few performance mods... TBR full exhaust system, PCV, K&N air filter... I would like to get a custom map for my bike soon :)

roadrat

Welcome Christine! :thumbup:

Bay area rider

Welcome Christine! :p

Hello from the Napa area :thumbup:

joloy133

Hello Christine: Jim Higgins set up my FZ6R, thats where I met Terry. I think mine was the first fz6r they did. Let me know if you get a new exhaust, and get a stock baseline reading before mods.......if you can remember!