Grampa gets a riding partner.....

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
With my daughter's blessing, I bought my first granddaughter a new toy. Of course, we are bleeding blue Baby! :thumbup: She got a new 2013 Yamaha TTR-50E. She got all the gear to go with it. This is an electric start 3-speed auto with the parental governor. I bought the training wheels the same day from the dealer. Pictured also with my wife's "Custom Purple Harley Eater" FZ1. Then I found a deal on CL local to me for the used 2000 TTR-125. She runs and shifts solid but needs some TLC. I'm replacing all the wheel(s), swingarm, and steering head bearings and seals, rebuilding the forks and replacing the oil, all new brakes, new chain and sprockets. I need something to putt around on when she's ready to step up the throttle. We're working on her for steering and braking on demand before we ever start the engine. Once she does what we say, goes where we tell her and stops when she is told, we'll crank the engine. This is going to be one FUN summer!

And I know SOMEONE will say it so "Yes, those are adult Spiderman PJ bottoms." :cool:

Attachments

Fizzer6R

too cute! the helmet is almost as big as her haha :cool:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Found the missing one... this is the day we bought the bike for her and her sitting on it for the first time at the dealer.

Attachments

CrazyCawi

your one bad ass grandpa....lucky girl :) What does your daughter ride? Just curious, I assume riding is in the blood of the entire family

Best grandpa ever!! Nice one :)

abyss1406

very,very cool Im glad that there are people like you in the world

Y

yellowfz

Nothing more fun than a family ride. :thumbup:
I taught my children and they taught their children (my grandchildren).

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Grumpy

That is totally flipping awesome! Did it take long to find gear that fits her?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
your one bad ass grandpa....lucky girl :) What does your daughter ride? Just curious, I assume riding is in the blood of the entire family
Thanks to all of you for the kind comments!

My daughter doesn't ride yet. She will be learning the motorcycle mechanics of brake/clutch/shift on that 125 when I am done with the rebuild (anyone interested in seeing a build thread for that one?) and my plan is to get a new Ninja 300 for me to commute with but my daughter will ride with us on some trips.

I have two sons, 28 and 25. Both admit that while they want a bike, they will not get one because they know they cannot control the throttle hand. Once they grow that connection between the brain and right-wrist, they will try. ;) Kudos to them for being truthful to themselves.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
That is totally flipping awesome! Did it take long to find gear that fits her?
We got most of it the same day from the dealer when be bought the bike. The helmet is a very good/snug fit too. The boots are really too big for her but no one makes the size that she's in need of so it's either too small or too big. She'll grow into them. The gloves, shirt, pants and armor under the shirt were all in stock at the dealer.

We got this bike without the extras for $1,490 OTD. The training wheels and gear put us up to $2k

One reason I went with this model is because of the aftermarket options available... I can grow this bike with her. There are longer forks, longer swingarms and larger wheels, custom shocks, exhaust, etc.... I can carry her through on this one until she fits the 125. After the 125, I see her on the Ninja 300 carving corners with Grampa easily. :hug:

Reactions: JT

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
If you st art your sons on 300's or 250's then the throttle hand won't be a big deal, lol
I don't know if that is true. I've seen some horrible crashes with 250 riders. ;) Maybe I'll put them on the 125 for a trial run in the dirt. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member