GPS Mount

sammy56

Just in case anyone is looking for a water resistant and inexpensive GPS mount, I just put one on my bike. Arkon makes it and I bought it on Amazon for just under $20.
It is listed as waterproof, but I will likely not test it out to that extent and likely pull over in a rain and put it in my bags. Was super easy to bolt on and although I am yet to ride with it, it seems quite sturdy. Here are a couple of pics.

LB

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

sammy56

Funny enough...my wife made me get it because I would take off on a Sunday morning "to be back by 1pm". Inevitably I call her at 1pm..."I'll be back at 2:30pm...got lost in the twisties!" All good.:):):)
I am yet to miss an event for my kids, but that would land me in the dog house for sure. Hope this helps keep me in a good direction, cheers!:iconbeer:

LB

creggur

Nice - been looking for a GPS and didn't want to sling the cake on a Zumo... This looks like a viable alternative. Thanks!

Stephenfz6r

Nice - been looking for a GPS and didn't want to sling the cake on a Zumo... This looks like a viable alternative. Thanks!
:disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove:
"sling the cake on a Zumo" I speak French and English, but not Creggurian.
:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

sammy56

I guess my years state side has helped my "American". I too am Quebecois!!
Is "too spendy" more meaningful for ya??

LB

Stephenfz6r

:DI kinda figured out the sling part, it was the Zumo that I could not picture.:iconbeer:

mike1000

Just in case anyone is looking for a water resistant and inexpensive GPS mount, I just put one on my bike. Arkon makes it and I bought it on Amazon for just under $20.
It is listed as waterproof, but I will likely not test it out to that extent and likely pull over in a rain and put it in my bags. Was super easy to bolt on and although I am yet to ride with it, it seems quite sturdy. Here are a couple of pics.

LB
I just mounted this and rode with it today. Works like a charm!