Got my R6

b_who

Finally back on 2 wheels and got the bike I've always wanted :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

great looking bike! is the front lowered or clips ons? forks look like up a bit unless thats the way it is

CtrlAltDl

Finally back on 2 wheels and got the bike I've always wanted :)
Oh snap, that's a WHOLE 'nother beast right there (compared to the 6R)!

Careful with it, I had to get rid of mine. I don't have the self-control to ride a SS. There wasn't a day I didn't ride that R6 in the triple digits and the front tire didn't see much asphalt. ;-)

Love the Raven R6, what year?

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

yfz6r

I had a 04 cbr 600 a few years ago. It was super uncomfortable so I sold it for a sport tourer. However there are mods for any super sport to make it how you want it

Detrich

CoNgRaTs B!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you love the R6 as much as I do. It's super light & a lotta fun!

That looks like a 2011?

:)

Detrich

it's one of the most aggressive riding/ seating positions in the 600cc SS class. so, unless you can get used to it, it absolutely will not be as comfortable for you for commuting purposes as the 6R...

that said, however, in hindsight, i think the transition from the 6R to the R6 is not as dramatic as i thought it would be. granted, it takes time to get familiar to any bike. but, the R6 is significantly lighter weight and easy to maneuver.

the main challenge is just getting used to the riding position. the throttle, believe it or not, is actually VERY tame. it doesn't pull at all until u rev it to 8000 RPM.

I've always wanted an R6 since before I was riding. I don't think I can trust myself on a supersport. Heard many professional reviews, but what do YOU think going from the 6R to the R6? Is it really as bad to daily or do long trips on as people say?

b_who

Took her out to the canyons this morning before the rain came and put about 130 more miles on. All i can say is how precise and accurate this bike is, the throttle delivery is incredibly smooth. I noticed the rpms and how once u hit 8k there VERT noticeable power increase that'll puts a smile on your face. But once you get above about 10/11k its a wholeee other animal. :D

The riding position isn't as bad as everybody seems to make it out to be even though i thought it would of bin a lil more painful for me because of my height at about 6' 2". When it comes to hanging off I feel a million times more secure and locked on compared to the 6R.

After 8 months without a ride able bike it took some time to get going and not be all over the place but once i got going and fixing my mistakes, my confidence started to slowly comeback. No where near what i was once was, but my throttle control is getting better which defiantly helps with this baby. I feel like im back to square 1 and re-learning everything but atleast I'm back on 2 wheels even though my girlfreind and some of my family HATE it. lol

End of the day I absolutely LOVE this bike :thumbup: :steve: :hug: :bow:

Attachments

b_who

great looking bike! is the front lowered or clips ons? forks look like up a bit unless thats the way it is
No thats how the fork comes i thought the same until i saw how all the R6's at the dealership had it the same and also on yamaha's stock pics from there website

I've always wanted an R6 since before I was riding. I don't think I can trust myself on a supersport. Heard many professional reviews, but what do YOU think going from the 6R to the R6? Is it really as bad to daily or do long trips on as people say?
Its not as horrible like I've heard but its not exactly comfortable either haha

CoNgRaTs B!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you love the R6 as much as I do. It's super light & a lotta fun!

That looks like a 2011?

:)
It's a 2012 :)

0150r

The riding position isn't as bad as everybody seems to make it out to be even though i thought it would of bin a lil more painful for me because of my height at about 6' 2".
You're crazy! I rode my roommates R6 enough to know I can't make it more than 30 minutes on it without missing my FZ6R.

The R6 is quite fun though :D

b_who

You're crazy! I rode my roommates R6 enough to know I can't make it more than 30 minutes on it without missing my FZ6R.

The R6 is quite fun though :D
lol i guess im a wierdo then cuz i went out at 830 and came back at 12 and only stopped for gas. Only felt some pain in my upper back near my shoulders but I've bin having to use my arms more then I'd like because i have no grip with my legs on that glossy tank. My stomp grips coming in should fix that though ;)

RoadTrip

I can do 300mile days on the gixxer, but after about 2hours I typically start to feel uncomfortable, but I am also having so much fun it doesn't really detract all that much. After a 5-6hr ride, I get off the bike and I am stiff and beat, but I am fine the next day. Every time I think of going back to a more comfortable bike, I think of what I am giving up, so I am still really into SS's for now. My body may eventually say 'enough', but so far, so good.