Got hit by a car on Monday... Looking for parts.

Cartee

Monday morning on my way to work I was hit by a vehicle around 50mph. Had all my gear on so in general I'm ok, luckily. I'm trying to do some research myself to see if they will total my bike or not and what I'm looking to get. I need an entire new fairing on the right side, as well as the front tire fender. I need a new clutch lever and the piece that is on the very end of the handlebar. I also need new mirrors & blinkers (I will probably end up going flush mount now), only fronts need to be replaced. The engine cover on the bike is scratched as well.. Let me see if I can find a picture that shows what part. I'm trying to find all of these just sso I can relax and get a rough estimate of what im looking at parts wise. If anyone knows of any websites that would be awesome and much appreciated so that I can get back on the road again... Silly cagers. :(

Ps... I also need a new tank, this ones dented.

*EDIT*: The area circled white is what is scratched and needs to be replaced. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited:

Spitfire

Monday morning on my way to work I was hit by a vehicle around 50mph. Had all my gear on so in general I'm ok, luckily.
Explain "I'm ok"... Glad to see everything is "ok"... as far as the parts go, I have no idea in that department but good luck with everything! Hope all is well!!

Cartee

No road rash, tore a muscle in my neck and fractured shoulder.. :( but I'm alive! Lucky to be at that.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Michael Wilson

Good to hear your doing ok! As for the parts I would check out eBay. People that upgrade thier bikes often sell their old OEM parts (if that's whay your interested in) Or take your bike into the dealarship and ask them for a quote

Cartee

Yeah, I took the bike to my dealer on monday, they have not touched it yet. Really frustrating. Specially since I've had the bike for two months.

CtrlAltDl

Whoa, sorry to hear that! I hope you heal quickly.

I was just hit by a van 3 weeks ago and I still wake up sore.

My bike was totaled by her insurance, but I bought it back, fixed it, and I'm waiting to get a new rebuilt title.

I had to replace that same engine cover. It cost me $60, unfortunately the fairing and fender isn't going to be so cheap.

Last edited:

Detrich

Sorry to hear but glad ur ok. I got rolled into at a red light during my first month too. Hope u heal up soon n get the bike fixed.

CrazyCawi

Whoa, sorry to hear that! I hope you heal quickly.

I was just hit by a van 3 weeks ago and I still wake up sore.

My bike was totaled by her insurance, but I bought it back, fixed it, and I'm waiting to get a new rebuilt title.

I had to replace that same engine cover. It cost me $60, unfortunately the fairing and fender isn't going to be so cheap.
vinyl wrap ur bike :D