Got gear?

mfischler

Elite Member

xplodnstar

I always wear my helmet,
98% wear jacket with CE pads
90% wear gloves

Dont own pants or boots yet. I'm still looking into the right pair for me.
If you have any recommendations for the VA/DC/MD area, please let me know. Those of you in the area know how nasty it can get up here with humidity and heat.

Icon has some riding shoes I'm on the fence about. I have no idea which pants would be appropriate. And I do have a desk job, so I will need to look "office" worthy. Luckily, I'm in IT, so jeans are OK. Starship trooper look = not Ok.
Alpinestars has a pair of jeans that are light. They still have the abrasion coverage and kneepads, but they are much easier to deal with in the summer. The only thing my husband complains about is the button fly, which still gets a little chilly in the mornings. But they don't have any of those weird patches of black or spandex or anything.

Verranth

You wouldnt happen to have a link or at least the name of these pants would you?

xplodnstar

Verranth

Riding Shoes

Anyone out there have Alpinestars Octane or similar riding shoes?

I am currently using running shoes which have great traction, but would shred if I ever went down...lol.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

RZ350 Rider

PA has no helmet law anymore, but I ALWAYS wear one. I just got a Shoei Tzoke helmet to go with my yellow 6R. Matches up awesome, it has stars on it that match the bike almost perfectly. I also always wear a leather jacket no matter how hot it is. I just got myself a Joe Rocket "Offical" Yamaha edition leather w/armor from eBay and also picked up a pair of their Pro Street leather pants w/armor in them from eBay also. I wear a pair of their gloves also that have a Gel Palm in them, Uber comfortable! I have a pair of their Big Bang boots. Those I can wear to work along with the jacket but not the pants 'cause I work for the PA House of Representatives, and they don't take kindly to the racer look. All the other times I ride I use them all. I didn't plan to get all Joe Rocket stuff it just worked out that way (got great deals), besides it all matches. I plan on using it all at the free Pocono Raceway track day Yamaha is giving me, all done up it looks like a real nice Track suit and gives confidence the same as a Motocrosser gets from being all armored up to ride.