Good Deal?

eagleknox

an 09 FZ6R in my area i'm looking at is listed at 4655 by the owner, lowest he'll go is 4200 which he says he has an offer from a dealer at that price.

it has 1000 miles no damage on it at all,

seems a little high to me?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

eagleknox

I agree with Gixxer, $4,200 isn't bad at all especially with only 1,000 miles. Any aftermarket parts?
everything stock on the bike, throwing in a helmet and jacket (not to keen on used gear + don't know if it will fit),

i like the fz6r, but 4200 then tax + everything else is getting a little bit high for me,

there's an 07 fz6 listed at 3000 that's more in my range and a 06 SV650S at 3400 and a 06 ninja 650r at 3500 that are all on my radar,

still undecided

Gixerhp

everything stock on the bike, throwing in a helmet and jacket (not to keen on used gear + don't know if it will fit),

i like the fz6r, but 4200 then tax + everything else is getting a little bit high for me,

there's an 07 fz6 listed at 3000 that's more in my range and a 06 SV650S at 3400 and a 06 ninja 650r at 3500 that are all on my radar,

still undecided
Its a buyers market wave $4k cash in his face!

Kayo7

Up here by chicago, Blue book value for the bike from a dealer is $4,655. I'd say if you can get it for 4-4200, its a good deal if it was up here.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

eagleknox

yes it is a first bike, i do agree that the fz6 would be next in line,

fz6r>fz6>sv650s>650r would be my order

the sv650s has 19k miles which is a little offputting, only 6k on the fz6 and 3.5k on the 650r

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

anson650

Where in Fl are you? I perused the Tampa bay CL and saw at least two '09 FZ6R's asking $4000, and of course quite a few for a lot more. The FZ6R would be my choice of the bikes you mentioned.
Anson

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

eagleknox

Where in Fl are you? I perused the Tampa bay CL and saw at least two '09 FZ6R's asking $4000, and of course quite a few for a lot more. The FZ6R would be my choice of the bikes you mentioned.
Anson
i'm down south of ft myers but the bikes i'm looking at are near punta gorda

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

yfz6r

Don't let miles scare you away from a modern motorcycle. If it wasn't beat to death it will be just fine.

I would for sure go with the fz6. And make it naked. Those bikes look amazing without the front upper fairing.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Invader Jim

FZ6R is very forgiving for an inline 4, which makes it better for a first bike... then again, after riding long and hard for a couple months, you'd be ready for more power.
I think that statement assumes a lot. Some people ride the 6R for years. I know people who started on a Rebel 250 (I started on one in 2008 and rode it for a year) and never move up.

I have been on my 6R since last April. I am happy with it and won't ever get a supersport. There have been a few occasions that I thought more power would be nice but I have never ridden on a racetrack, ride solo 99% of the time, and like the upright posture, reasonable insurance rates, and decent fuel economy of the 6R. Going from 0 - 60 in under five seconds is enough for me. I have taken it up to 125+mph once don't think I will do that again unless I am on a track because I would hate to get a ticket. Then again, I am primarily a commuter as far as riding goes and am 47 years old. I ride primarily because I enjoy it but I like to rationalize that has a certain amount of practicality and utilitarian function. The utilitarian aspect also makes it easier to justify with my wife. ;)

eagleknox

FZ6R at $4k and FZ6 at $3k is a great deal!

Being your first bike, if you go FZ6 route, just take it easy, it is a beast and very picky on gear selection...

FZ6R is very forgiving for an inline 4, which makes it better for a first bike... then again, after riding long and hard for a couple months, you'd be ready for more power.

Lots of aftermarket for FZ6, FZ6R has slowly caught up over the years, depending how you want to ride (touring, fun weekends, trackdays, etc.).

Good luck, take the MSF if you haven't already, and welcome!
The guy with the fz6 got back to me, was sold a couple days ago :(,

I rode dirt for a couple years and passed my MSF course a week ago.

I'm still looking at the fz6r, the sv650, and a 07 f800s,