Going on a trip

Spitfire

Going on an 600 mile trip the 23rd and was wanting to take my bike. We are driving a 2010 4-door Tundra. 2 questions. 1. Will the bike fit on the truck and what kind of ramp would you recommend (don't want to spend any money on a ramp). 2. How should I strap the bike down? Should I be concerned about the bed lining cracking?

I know thats more than 2 questions but w/e, answer them! =]

Thanks in advance!!!

CrazyCawi

fair questions good sir! A cheap ramp? Thick plywood, or find a friend who has four wheeler ramps. I use my brothers four wheeler ramp! Please read this article to find out how to strap it down, it includes visuals:

how to tie down a bike in the back of a truck

rhnatyk

Homemade Ramp

I built a homemade ramp using a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" plywood and 2 2x4's. I attached the 2x4's to the plywood about 1/3 of the way in on both sides and attached with screws to provide the strength needed. I shortened the 2x4's about 3" to leave a lip where it would meet the tailgate and cut the other end at an angle so that it would lay flat where it contacted the ground. Finally, I drilled 1" holes in the end of the 2x4's so that I could strap it to the truck during loading. It all worked fine for me.

I have a Nissan Frontier with a 6 foot bed and bedliner. The bike must be turned at an angle to fit. There wasn't any damage to the bedliner.

Hope that helps.