Going back to school

oOKooZOo

Submitted my application to MMI today. It's something I've wanted to do for years now.

Well now I get my chance. Granted I can get all of the financial aid and grant money.

Wish me luck!

dsanchez222

Best of luck to you. Nothing better than being around what you love for a career. Hope it all works out.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

travisH3

I'm currently going to school for civil engineering on a scholarship for my grades in highschool. I wish I could have done something I wanted like motorcycles or diesel mechanic but my family wouldn't let me be a mechanic busting my knuckles my entire life :( Doesn't matter though, I will be turning wrenches on the weekends.

College is forced upon us in order to make a living in this lovely country we live in so they can charge whatever they want because we have to have it. It's no fair, plus the price of books....I wouldn't be able to go to college if it wasn't for my scholarship.

oOKooZOo

I'm currently going to school for civil engineering on a scholarship for my grades in highschool. I wish I could have done something I wanted like motorcycles or diesel mechanic but my family wouldn't let me be a mechanic busting my knuckles my entire life :( Doesn't matter though, I will be turning wrenches on the weekends.
If it makes you feel any better, I messed up the first time I went to college. I decided to work full time to go along with my heavy class load. And my grades suffered. I ended up getting put on academic probation and missed my GPA by .001 and got kicked out. Never went back. Atleast you have help. I have great parents but when it came to schooling, I never received much help.

Good luck to you, sir!

RandiZ

Becoming a Teacher

I messed up badly the first time around, too. Actually messed up three times. All I can say is don't mess up. It costs a lot in time and money and respect.

Went back to school in my 30's to become a science teacher. Quit my job, learned to live with less, went to community college first, then the local state university. Got a scholarship for my masters in large part because I got serious and figured out how to do well and learn a lot despite the curve balls life throws at us. My girls grew up with all of this and became good students. The older one is an honors student in her junior year of college. The younger one is heading off next year equally set up academically and emotionally to be a better student than I was.

I'm applying for doctoral programs this year, planning to live with less again, but confident that we'll all be happier doing what we all love. And I'm modelling for the girls by applying to programs that are fully funded or inexpensive enough to prevent accumulating debt.

Adroit

Congratz on heading to school! One word of caution though, I've had a few friends that graduated from MMI that hate it with a passion. Apparently they are having a very difficult time finding a job and they are blaming it on MMI's reputation.. and judging by a quick google it seems they aren't the only ones complaining. I really have no idea if there is any truth to what I've heard/skimmed, but I hope you have or will do your research before you start handing over the dough! Good luck :)

travisH3

If it makes you feel any better, I messed up the first time I went to college. I decided to work full time to go along with my heavy class load. And my grades suffered. I ended up getting put on academic probation and missed my GPA by .001 and got kicked out. Never went back. Atleast you have help. I have great parents but when it came to schooling, I never received much help.

Good luck to you, sir!
Thank you, I'm two years into it and have a 3.9x gpa, I got a B in physics 3 so it ruined my 4.0 but taking that and calculus at the same time wasn't smart. I have to keep a 3.5 to keep my scholarship.