Go pros for everyone

skitzo2121

So a friend of mine totaled his bike today just 5 weeks after he gets his new FZ8. A guy ran a stop sign and my freind Tboned him of course no insurance and he told the cop that it was my friends fault. Luckaly my friend wasn't hurt to bad just a broken coller bone and some swelling. We'll at that point the cop starts to let my freind have until my freind pulls out his go pro and shows that the idiot caged ran the stop sign. So after this i will be going to get a gopro tomorrow as now I believe every motorcycle rider should have one so we can prove that we. Where not in the wrong

Last edited:

Cerebus

I'm rocking a Replay XD 1080 on my helmet for just this reason. It's retarded the number of people who try to kill me in a month's time.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

skitzo2121

It's just crazy I always heard the story's about cagers blameing accidents on motorcycles but never thought anything about it till today is always figured the cops would look at all angles and not just assume that it was the motorcycles fault but I was wrong. Not that I'm trying to say all accidnts between cages and bikes are the cages fault by no means

BoneJj

helmet cams are a very important item anymore...

I keep one cam on the helmet or one on the bike when I ride anymore. A few batteries and plenty of sd card storage and I'm good to go.

I use the Sony AS30V on the bike as it has image stabilization built in. Makes for some really good video...

I would love to ride with one on my helmet, but I don't know if my state allows them. Some states don't allow anything on the helmet.

As an alternative, I suppose I could mount a camera to the swing arm. That's not the best view though. I could attach a camera to the front fork through. That wouldn't be so bad.

By the way, how did your friend show the cop on the scene the footage from the GoPro? If we're all on a motorcycle, we'll have no way of viewing the footage till later.

Last edited:

FastFreddy

If a car got T-boned from pulling out from a stop sign, you'd think the cop would immediately know what happened, he was probably assuming the motorbike was speeding.

This incident reminds me of the time I bought a cheap car for my girlfriend at the time and drove it for 2 weeks to make sure there was nothing wrong with it. Because the car was non-descript compared to my normal turbo sportscar, you could drive like a madman way above the limit and in and out of lanes and no-one would give a stiff, but in the sportscar, you go within 15 km/h of the limit and people start looking and tsk tsk'ing thinking that you are driving like a demon just because the car looks fast. Similar with motorbikes possibly.

I've thought about using a GoPro on the ride to work, but there's at least 3 incidents every 10 kms, it'd be a full time job just to video edit all the incidents in a 15 km ride every day. You can't even drive 5 km without some thug culture numbskull wanting to intimidate the motorbike these days. If I see a badged Golf, I pull over and stop completely, they are very dangerous drivers I"ve found don't go near badged Golf's whatever you do.

Some days I get my own back, like when a chinese lady forced me over onto the mud in stopped traffic while I was filtering, so therefore one mud rooster tail coming up straight for your spotless Audi, I'm gonna have to clean the rear wheel area now.

Last edited:

BoneJj

I would love to ride with one on my helmet, but I don't know if my state allows them. Some states don't allow anything on the helmet.

As an alternative, I suppose I could mount a camera to the swing arm. That's not the best view though. I could attach a camera to the front fork through. That wouldn't be so bad.

By the way, how did your friend show the cop on the scene the footage from the GoPro? If we're all on a motorcycle, we'll have no way of viewing the footage till later.
Take the card out of the camera and put it in your phone... playback possible.

BoneJj

If a car got T-boned from pulling out from a stop sign, you'd think the cop would immediately know what happened, he was probably assuming the motorbike was speeding.

This incident reminds me of the time I bought a cheap car for my girlfriend at the time and drove it for 2 weeks to make sure there was nothing wrong with it. Because the car was non-descript compared to my normal turbo sportscar, you could drive like a madman way above the limit and in and out of lanes and no-one would give a stiff, but in the sportscar, you go within 15 km/h of the limit and people start looking and tsk tsk'ing thinking that you are driving like a demon just because the car looks fast. Similar with motorbikes possibly.

I've thought about using a GoPro on the ride to work, but there's at least 3 incidents every 10 kms, it'd be a full time job just to video edit all the incidents in a 15 km ride every day. You can't even drive 5 km without some thug culture numbskull wanting to intimidate the motorbike these days. If I see a badged Golf, I pull over and stop completely, they are very dangerous drivers I"ve found don't go near badged Golf's whatever you do.

Some days I get my own back, like when a chinese lady forced me over onto the mud in stopped traffic while I was filtering, so therefore one mud rooster tail coming up straight for your spotless Audi, I'm gonna have to clean the rear wheel area now.
I've ridden in some pretty densly populated cities and I have to say that I've not experience anything to the level you are stating. Granted on a 10-15 mile ride to and from work at the time I would get one person that was full of stupid but for the most part it wasn't that bad. It was typically the same person for a month or more at a time until they realized that I'm not going to act like a fool.

It's only when other bikers got on the road that I would act up, couldn't let them beat me to my turn off.... LOL.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

xJoshuaDrakex

I have a go pro hero 2 and its on everytime I ride. I have gotten so many close calls on video its crazy. Lucky enough to never have actually gotten hit like your friend. I strongly suggest wearing some sort of camera.

Fizzer6R

this is one of the reasons I only use a bike for pleasure and not primary transportation. it seems like it's only a matter of time not if an auto driver will not see you. I wasn't on the high viz. gear needed when 1st came out, but sure am now, anything you can use to increase the chances of them seeing you. some guys put flashing strobe lights on front and/or back to help them notice...

w/the cams, I know they are light, but isn't it still odd having to take off your helmet and be careful putting it down not to damage the bulky unit sticking out? we have bluetooth etc., be nice if they came out w/a helmet w/a cam built-in so they'd be more flush

BoneJj

My phone only accepts Micro SD. Maybe with an adapter I could play it back on an iPod Touch? That'd be awesome!
most newer camera use micro sd so it wouldn't be an issue for you at all. I do have an adapter like though, I got it off of DealeXtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide, it was only a couple bucks. I use that with my dslr cards for when I want to post a quick picture from the camera. I just have to remember to shoot RAW + JPG when I do that.... lol.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member