Givi Hard Cases

Steve843

I've had my Givi Monokey sidecases for a few months now. I painted them last week. Here are some pictures... The undercoat is Toyota Blue with two coats of Yamaha Blue on top, followed by three coats of clear. The bike is also equipped with air horns and LED accent lights (blue of course).

Last edited:

Steve843

Here's a rear view I took in the driveway and a quick side view from the garage. I'm still figuring out the picture posting deal.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Steve843

Thanks for asking. I wanted it to be just a bit darker than the rest of the bike so I used a Toyota Royal Blue for a base coat and covered it with two coats of factory Yamaha Blue. The factory paint cost over $40 delivered and the Toyota Royal Blue was only about $6 from the local auto parts store. Go figure...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks really nice!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Steve843

The mounts are actually tube steel and come off in two parts with a special key that comes with them. I usually only take off the cases to clean the bike or to check into a hotel. They come in handy on weekend trips. The cases literally take about 10 seconds to remove and 10 to put back on. The mount takes less than a minute but can stay on all the time if you prefer.