Getting lost in AZ

Mr Citrus

So today I set off at 5 am to ride up to Fountain hills. I jumped on the 202, and it was a great ride!(I don't know anyone that has a bike, so it was a bit lonely)I get about a mile away from my turn off, and it's like the road turned to shit. and I had squares for tires. Made it through. I made my way to the fountain, I stopped at the veterans memorial, sat at a shady bench and read a book, grabbed some breakfast, and went to head out. I was supposed to turn left at the stoplight at the end of town, but I made a right on accident. Hello Scottsdale. Uturn, back on track. Jumped on the 202, transitioned to the 60, made it home. So much fun!(even though I was momentarily lost)

rjohnson5481

what part of AZ is that?
I'm in tucson.

Mr Citrus

Fizzer6R

you're not too far from PHX, Mesa/Tempe right? - surprised there are no other forum members here from that area being such a major city and heck younger college town

Mr Citrus

you're not too far from PHX, Mesa/Tempe right? - surprised there are no other forum members here from that area being such a major city and heck younger college town
It's not too far.
Somebody needs to come on a ride to Globe with me. A nice ride through the canyons

nucmedman63

RA your in lake havasu me too haven't seen u around thought mine was the only 6r in town. jerome been wanting to take that ride

nucmedman63

I live on the southside coming up on 10000 mile got it from walts feb of this year work in parker ride it everday to work. looks like the weather is gonna get nicer should hook up for a weekend ride some time. I have 09 white most the grafic off except for the tank and I still call them purple just make fell better.

RACreative

With as hot as its been we ride around late at night on the weekends... now that is is cooling down we were thinking about a ride up to vegas. We live S. town too. Work at Nordic so the commute, although short is a nice ride in the early mornings. I bet the ride to parker would be nice along the river.

nucmedman63

the ride to work is getting realy nice but the afternoons can be a bear at 115 thankgod for the cooly vest. vegas would be a fun run would you go for the day or make a weekend trip out of it. not to be pushy wouldn't mind making the run with ya been wanting to hook up with other riders and take alittle road trip. or just give me aheads up next time your out and about and we could hook up for a short run around.(PS not to much of a squid don't need to ride 100mph)

RACreative

Would be great to have people to ride with. Will let you know next ride. Vegas more than likely would be overnight.. Try to work it in to supercross or enduro cross schedule. Group trip north sounds like a good ride. As sad as it sounds my wife and I make a late night trip up to Pilot... short ride but gets us out of town. Will let you know next trip.

RACreative

count me in!!
Hey nucmedman63 We are thinking about going to Vegas next Saturday... just for the day leave Sat. Morning and take the back way through Kingman so we can check out the new bridge over the Hoover Dam. Service manager at work just bought a Ducati... so I will ask him if he would like to go also. I will check out the weather. Should be cooler by next weekend. Anyone in AZ or NV interested? If next weekend does not work lets try to plan a trip soon.

Attachments

Fuzor

Hey fellow Arizonians :), 2nd week of August I just made a weekend trip to Vegas from Gilbert, AZ (was about 7 hour ride with 1 stop for fuel and rest, on way back home was 8 hours long and I sure was sore lol probably because I'm still a new rider, trip wasn't done in 1 day, i wouldn't have survived that). I went over the new Hoover Dam bridge and would have to say it is very nice and has a great view. (just don't forget to watch the road :D) also made a stop at the dam and would have to say its amazing, just don't look down :thumbup: Ride safe!

RACreative

That would be quite a long ride from Gilbert! did you go up through the Joshua National forest and hit I40? Figure leaving from Havasu it should be a nice day ride... it is about 3 hours from here. Excited to see the new bridge.. Went over the dam a few years back when they first started the overpass.. Another ride we were thinking about was out to ghost town - Oatman, only been there once. Shorter destination for us but may be fun day ride too... just got to watch out for donkeys.:eek:

Attachments

nucmedman63

sounds great should be able to go, keep me up dated on the time you are heading out and if you have ameeting place set up. just sent a pm later in the week to confirm a go or not

rjohnson5481

I'm out in Gold canyon, east side of town.
But I'm always up for meeting half way :)
Yeah we can definitely set up to meet half way at some point you're what about 3 hours away? It'll make for a good Sunday ride in a month or so when it's nice and cool.