Get Smart

A

Avalon786

So saw this one the other day. It was not too bad. I didnt find it great nor was it bad! I did have a few good laughs thanks to Steve Carell, which the whole movie pretty much revolves around. If you like any of his work, you will def like this movie! He is very good. Anne Hathaway did a very good job as well, really liked her character. Some of the humor is "hit and miss" more often i kinda chuckled with a few "laugh out loud" moments. The story kinda made me think of the movie Johnny English (theres alot of similarities...). Overall i'd give it a 6.5/10, its not a must see movie unless you are a fan of Steve Carell, which in that case go see it now! :thumbup:

reiobard

did you watch and love the show on TV?

I did and am looking forward to this movie immensely!.

K

keira

I wanted to be #99 when I was growing up. I still remember sitting home on Tuesday nights watching reruns of Get Smart on Nick at Nite while my family was out at a band rehearsal (I wasn't old enough yet), curled up on the couch just rolling with laughter. Ahh, memories.

I'm such a nerd.....

T

troutfishinemt

I'm definitely a huge fan of Steve C's, ever since his days on The Daily Show.

If you're a fan of his AND the original tv show - I guarantee you'll give the movie a 9.5/10 - one of the funniest flicks I've seen in a long time.

Oh, and I don't just give Carrell a free pass - "Evan Almighty" sucked the big one.

Anyways, I thought the movie was hiliarious.

TF

reiobard

No i've never heard/seen it...lol. But i did know this movie was based on a remake of some sort.

A lot of the humor is probably derived from the TV shows nostalgia, if you can get some of the old episodes on dvd or something i fully recommend it.

M

mattcosta7

I really enjoyed this movie. It was one of the few real, genuinely funny ones I've seen in a long time. Additionally to that, I went in with very low expectations, assuming that it would butcher one of my favorite tv shows of all time, but this wasn't the case. it was written perfectly to complement the original!