Gear Shifting not smooth any tips

jgangoo

PRE-LOAD works for me

for me, it doesn't seem to matter whether i (a) rev match, or (b) pre-load. at high rpms, going from 1 to 2 just grinds a bit almost every time- ie almost like the chain is hitting the chain guard or something. once in a blue moon, it'll go in smooth. but, at low rpms, i never have an issue... will just have the dealer look at it at my 4k mile service in a month or two. xP
pre-load seems okay to me, better than without it :)

jgangoo

PRE-LOAD works for me

don't be too gentle with your shifter, show her who's the boss! (lol) try that... On up shift just apply some pressure on the lever (don't worry about the clutch) and all you need to do is quickly close the throttle about 20-25% to unload the dog ring and it will shift like magic. Use the clutch on down shift, just add a little blip on the throttle to smooth thing out. It should get better as you put more miles on your bike.
PRE-LOAD works for me, feels better than without pre load

Fogride

Mine is really touchy about the adjustment, a little bit goes a long way. Mine works much better if I adjust it cold than when it's hot. Most bikes liked it better hot than cold but each is different even with the same model bike. That said, this may be the best trans I've ever had. You can do anything and it still shifts smooth and good. No missed shifts here. I use the rev limiter as a shift point with no clutch. It's quick,smooth and positive. Best trans I ever used and it seems to be bullet proof. If this is your first bike you will look back on this trans fondly some day.

jgangoo

it's getting smoother now

Hi

Bought my FZ6R a day ago and took it for a spin of 100K. I found that gear shifting is not smooth in any gear while upshifting.

What is the ideal gear shift rpm for a semi sporty riding? This is not my first bike, so I am even wondering if this is just my bike which jerks every time I change gear.

Any advice is great

Jes
Hi All

It's been 630 km and since 400 km onwards the gear shifting is getting smoother. So I think it is the new transmission which was bit rough at the start. I was wondering whether it's my riding style. Anyway.. its all good now with a pre-load shifting using the clutch.

Thanks for everyone's tips.