Gas station

bmw675

latony007

Out to dinner last night,drove by this station turned around and had to take this pic...View attachment 31313
WTF? no one has higher prices than CA and we aren't close to that. In fact I don't even think its that much on the lakes right now. However I certainly see if getting that high within a year or two. I mean Exxon Mobil has set a new record for quarterly profits in like a year, how can they survive!

latony007

ylwf3vr

WTF? no one has higher prices than CA and we aren't close to that. In fact I don't even think its that much on the lakes right now. However I certainly see if getting that high within a year or two. I mean Exxon Mobil has set a new record for quarterly profits in like a year, how can they survive!
How much is it in CA right now? I left there last year and I think I was paying about $3.80.. $4.20 here in Hawaii :(

latony007

How much is it in CA right now? I left there last year and I think I was paying about $3.80.. $4.20 here in Hawaii :(
about that, i think the cheap place right by me is 4 even for 87. actually Hawaii would be the only place comparable to our gas prices. I never saw much difference in the time my brother was living there.

ylwf3vr

Yeah that's about the same.. on-post it hit $3.99 :)! But off-post.. Chevron has $4.59 for 91 gas..

I heard on the radio the other day "cheapest gas in US right now is in AZ with $3.10" or something like that and I said :eek::eek:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

bmw675

Yeah that's about the same.. on-post it hit $3.99 :)! But off-post.. Chevron has $4.59 for 91 gas..

I heard on the radio the other day "cheapest gas in US right now is in AZ with $3.10" or something like that and I said :eek::eek:
$2.95 in St. Louis right now. Should buy me a tanker.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

You shut up on this!!! YIKES if it gets to that point!:eek: I will have to go buy me a 250cc bike to carry my big butt around for the extra mpg AND beg my boss for FT Work at Home!

edit:
Regrettably though I probably do agree.. The oil companies seem to ALWAYS be doing maintanance that they use as the excuse for prices rising. I thought I heard that the ND Oil boom was supposed to make us a big producer again and begin lowering cost of gas here over time...
What other business on the planet will say, we need to do routine maintenance on the refineries so we are going to jack up the prices 20 to 30 cents a gallon so you guys can pay for all of it. After we are all done and you have paid our clean up costs we will lower it half of what we raised it. Can you imagine if Sony said hey because of the earthquake we are going to raise the price on all TVs that are already on store shelves.

2.95??? That so lame, want to know where the extra 1.05 a gallon goes?? The great state government of CA who will then give it away to a punch of people who are illegal or just don't want to work.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

latony007

No. Tax in CA accounts for $0.395 (from this web page), and most likely, because we'll pay it.
Because we will pay it is the best answer I have heard lol. Im sure there is some tiny additional cost for the summer blend but we pay the highest prices in the nation not matter what time of year. The ports are right here, refineries are here, why would bobs station in po dunk Nebraska pay less. Not to mention the whole practice of the more you buy the cheaper you should get it, well no one buys more than CA lol.