FZ6R Wheelies

will415

Hey okay idk if this has been posted up yet if it has save all your talk about the search engine ha i dont care much for it when im at work in a hurry to get something up but here it is found it on youtube for you fellas.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADl2hDGN1OE]Mikes FZ6R stuntin is a habbit - YouTube[/ame]

will415

My question is how hard is the landing if u land hard and bottom out. Ha lol I never had that issue on other bikes but for this one since the front has been lowered it puts u to think cause it dont take much to bottom out.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

miketriebsch

Not that I am by any means a stunt rider. But I have been known to partake in a few wheelies here and there and mine doesnt bottom out unless I made a mistake and set it down to hard, and mine has been lowered 2.25" in the front. Also it's not really hitting bottom of your suspension, it actually the bottom of your horn hitting your front fender. I losened mine up and turned it upward.

DakinechicK

I'm pretty sure this guy used to be a member of this forum.

RoadTrip

yeah, he was, and he also was prolly the only kid in the neighborhood who could ride a wheelie on his bmx bike, and on a dirt bike, and a skateboard, so the FZ6R seemed easy to him - but, yeah, prolly most of us would just wreck trying to hold a wheelie like that cause we sucked since we was kids on our BMX, so there

Fenixgoon

i was at a drag strip and did a wheelie at launch (2:35 roughly)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgGyVvr_nQ&feature=plcp]MIR 06-15-12.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

note that the lane over is like a drag bike (ZX14R/busa i think) with a lengthened swingarm and all...that guy pulled a low 9's IIRC

FastFreddy

Yeah, I remember this kid at school that could wheelie on his BMX all the way to school without touching down once. I've stopped wheeling since I had to replace the chain and sprocket, I haven't had to adjust the chain for a long time now ... hmmm....

I remember seeing this video before I bought the bike to gauge how much power it had unrestricted. (FZ6R has restricted power for learners here).

pauly69

Hi just wondering if anyone can pull off a throttle only wheelie. seems my bike does not have enough power to do so
thanx

Chevyfazer

Hi just wondering if anyone can pull off a throttle only wheelie. seems my bike does not have enough power to do so
thanx
I can on my 04 fz6 and since the fz6r has more tq I would imagine it could too. I get the rpms up around 6k then let off the throttle then hammer into it and it comes up everytime, no clutch just throttle and timing.

Brock Kickass

I never had the balance to hold a wheelie. If I do a race takeoff from 1st gear and redline shift my FZ1 I have to modulate the throttle in 1st to keep from looping out and then 2nd I can hold WOT to redline through the gears. If I do this it will carry the front wheel 2-3 inches off the ground through 3rd. That's as close as I can manage to a wheelie.