FZ6R vs Mustang GT500

F

FZ6Rgurl

:D So I'm pretty damn proud of this bike. I was heading home from work today, and I just so happened to be following a brand new mustang GT500. The driver wasn't afraid to get on it either. Long story short, The FZ6R smoked that car on a drag race. :D From one light to another. It was an amazing feeling. I knew this bike was quick, but didn't know it was THAT quick.

angelsneverlose

with 0-60 in 3.6sec's i dont know why you thought you would have any trouble ;)

no cars should be able to beat a 'sport' bike unless its 1. very expensive or 2. very highly modded!

good job none the less though:)

F

FZ6Rgurl

I think my next victim shall be a new corvette. I just gotta find one that isn't afraid to race. :D

I think my next victim shall be a new corvette. I just gotta find one that isn't afraid to race. :D
Watch out, the Corvette ZR1 will eat our bike alive! 0-60 in 3.4sec! That car is brutal!

arcflash316

Its funny how so many people driving cars/trucks think that they are gonna be faster off the line, or that trying to keep up with a bike is actually gonna happen!!!! I guess they don't realize that at the next light I am not gonna hang around at the back of the line....I am white-lining it to the front, ahh yeah!!! The only thing that would really be able to keep up with a bike is ....another bike:)

F

FZ6Rgurl

Well I know the sports cars will beat our bike in the long run. I haven't topped my bike out yet, the fastest I've gone was about 120. It was scary. I thought the front end of my bike was literally going to trade places with my rearend. It was insane! So then I decided to slow down.

CharlieR

You didn't beat the car, you beat the driver. Or the race was too short for the harder to launch heavier car to get hooked-up(<300 feet or so). GT 500's, SRT8 Challengers, V-8 Camaros and vettes(not just the z06) can all run quicker than our bike in the 1/4 mile(stock, w/ good drivers).

F

FZ6Rgurl

Yeah, that's probably true. The bike gets off the line ALOT quicker and can get up to speed ALOT quicker. But since they can go faster than the bike, if they can get going faster than what the bike is doing before when the 1/4 mile is up, yeah, they'd beat us. But the light that we raced at was probably about a quarter mile, but we had to slow down because the other light was red.

BluePill

Simple math says it all:

FZR with 1/2 tank of fuel and 180 pound rider = 635 Lbs/78 HP = 8.14 weight to power ratio.

Corvette (2010 - Base) 1/2 tank fuel, 180 Lb. driver = 3385 Lbs/430 HP = 7.87 ratio

Pretty close.

Not so close: FZR is about $45,000 cheaper (Out the door with sales tax) to buy and prolly a thousand or two less to insure.

Of course the 'vette owner doesn't have to buy a rain suit for bad weather.:D

Checkout this drag race! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y842rSrLYI0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y842rSrLYI0[/ame]

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That was awesome!! I was waiting for the car to take off next...:rolleyes:

Heineken

Elite Member

Chaser

99% don't stand a chance

You didn't beat the car, you beat the driver. Or the race was too short for the harder to launch heavier car to get hooked-up(<300 feet or so). GT 500's, SRT8 Challengers, V-8 Camaros and vettes(not just the z06) can all run quicker than our bike in the 1/4 mile(stock, w/ good drivers).
I agree, but for a high-end car like that... to really hook up, you need perfect conditions. Where as our bikes get up and go as long as it hasn't rained in the last hour. We're not sportin Bussa's but I think our bikes are a perfect combination of power and control for an amateur to push it to it's fullest with out getting hurt. I wouldn't do what i do on my FZ6r that I would on my buddies ZX14.

We don't beat the car we beat the driver, no offense to these people, most people can't handle a car like that. I mean the low 12's you see reported in the magazines are by professionals. Most of the retirees or spoiled brats driving these sports cars might be somewhat proficient with the car but they're not going to run low 12's or even low 13's unless they're going to the track every weekend.

But...any average Joe on the Fz6r is probably going to pull at least a high 12 or a very low 13 every time. I live in a town where there's a big drag strip smack dab in the middle of it. Most often the Vetts and Cobras that run around here are too educated to pull up on a sport bike. They know better and don't want to get embarrassed.

Don't be afraid to put the D-bag in the right lane revving his engine at you, playing his music too loud and screamin lets, "run um" in his place. I mean be safe about it but, there's nothing more fun than seeing the look on the guys face when you blow him away in his brand new Daddy-bought SS Camaro. Especially when his girl is in his ride with him. Just give his lady a quick wink when he catches up to you at the next light in shame.

Last edited:

Halon

Heh. It seems silly to even bother drag racing a car. Not that I don't get down and have some fun from time to time, but bragging about it is the silly part. Like being proud that you outran the fat kid.

Just be safe. :)

Fogride

I learned the hard way not to pick a race in the tight curves with a German sports car. Even if you have been bringing home trophies on sunday they will clean your clock. Too much rubber on the road compared to a bike. Got to be worse now with traction control, stability control, abs and double clutches in these new cars. I went home with a belly ache from eating too much crow. I don't think of the fz6r as a race bike anyway, it's just a fun bike.

Detrich

i must be too newbie still, cuz cars still beat me at lights... <lol> but, i'm more concerned about being safe than beating them at this juncture. :p

M76

It still amazes me that an "entry-level" bike can smoke a GT500. Love it! I drive a 2009 Subaru WRX and until I got the FZ6R I thought that was "fast". It still is with a 0-60 time just shy of 5 seconds, but my bike would kill it in a race.

volkmkiv

Coming from cars to bikes I use to target 600 and 750s in my supra on hwy runs only. If I tried racing those same bikes light to light I would lose. Yes bikes are fast but cars also run at higher speeds then our bikes(fz6r) can go.
Moral of my story is to pick the type of race where you have the advantage.

Stephenfz6r

78 horsepower? I was under the impression it was around 67 horsepower:rolleyes: