FZ6r - US v XJ6n - UK paint colours

adam_fozz

Hi All,

This is my first post so allow me to introduce myself. I'm from Chester in the UK and I work in purchasing. I recently got back in to bikes after a couple of years off. I passed my UK bike test in 2008 and have had various on and offroad bikes over the years but now I have a Yellow XJ6n and am really enjoying it. I did have a MT03 which I liked because of how different it was but I have to say since riding the XJ there is no comparison. Yes handling was quicker on the MT but the engine and seating position are many times better on the XJ.

Anyway, I wanted to get a little yellow on the back end of the XJ and so I have ordered the side panels for a yellow Fz6r from the US. I have been worried since that the yellows might not be the same!!! Various sites have indicated different colour names but I wondered if anybody has any experience of Yamaha paint codes.

I was told by a Yam dealer that the 2009 XJ has Reddish Yellow Paint, but in the UK I have also seen it on advertising as Extreme Yellow.
The with regards to the Fz6r I have seen the paint called Cadnium Yellow and Reddish Yellow.

To be honest I'm not too worried as I find it difficult to believe that Yamaha would use two different yellows in the same year just because they are selling to different markets but some reassurance would be nice!

Let me know if you can shed some light.
Thanks
Adam_Fozz