FZ6R to R1

mike

So i got a R1 over the weekend, but i don't think i can bring myself to let the fz go. Its been a great bike with no issues and cant beat the comfortable seating position. Just can't compete with the sheer power of the R!. Also i have looked on the R1 forum and seems alot of people on there are just there to give people a hard time. The people on here are way more helpful. Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the help and advice on this forum.

Attachments

blkbrd

Elite Member

BoneJj

Probably the smoothest bike I have ever been on is one of the newer cross-plane crank motors on the R1. That internal balance shaft motor is just wonderful for lack of vibration.

I really wish they would do that with more bikes, such a smooth riding bike it's ridiculous. I had no problems taking that bike up to limiter speeds.

If they put a similar motor in something like the FZ1 I would certainly trade my bike for that.

Jimmyjojo

Sweet ride!!! enjoy!

I agree about the the people o this forum, there are some tools out there but so far none of them have found this forum.... ohhh feel the love!!

xorbe

Also i have looked on the R1 forum and seems alot of people on there are just there to give people a hard time. The people on here are way more helpful. Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the help and advice on this forum.
I can imagine that the R1 forum attracts a different crowd mix than the FZ6R. Also, the VFR800 and Ninja 250 forums are pretty sweet, member-wise.

dIGITAL dISCIPLE

I love it! Congrats on the new bike! That is one sexy beast

joeyboy3131

So i got a R1 over the weekend, but i don't think i can bring myself to let the fz go. Its been a great bike with no issues and cant beat the comfortable seating position. Just can't compete with the sheer power of the R!. Also i have looked on the R1 forum and seems alot of people on there are just there to give people a hard time. The people on here are way more helpful. Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the help and advice on this forum.
How do you like the bike? I've been thinking about getting a R6 or R1,any feed back welcomed

mike

How do you like the bike? I've been thinking about getting a R6 or R1,any feed back welcomed
Acceleration is crazy fast it can do 100mph in 1st gear and turn in on it is better than i was expecting for a liter bike. Rode a cbr1000rr and the R1 handles a lot better in the twisties. Definitely a fun bike! But you also have to respect it. A SS is Not a bike for beginners and can get you hurt quick. (Im not suggesting that your inexperienced i just don't want to see anyone get hurt.) Its not as comfortable as the fz but they both have there purpose. I do most of my commuting on the fz and ride with a few friends on the r1 on the weekends. Its not a bike you would want to ride for long trips in my opinion. The R6 is a nice bike as well great handling and acceleration.