fz6r rear stand and spools

474kz

Hello everyone,

Im looking for some advice and what your thoughts are on this. I've recently purchased an 13 FZ6R and discovered that it has no place for me to stick spools into.. I also have an RJays rear stand which has both the paddles and the spool adapters. (Rjays Race / Paddock Stand Rear Universal)

I have tried to mount the bike on the stand with the paddles but can't for the life of me get it to stay there - it keeps sliding off. Is there someone out there who does use a stand with paddles that can put up a pic / video of exactly where I should be putting the paddles to get it on the stand please? For what it's worth, I used to have a Ninja 250 with spools and that made life so much simpler. Is there a sane reason why Yamaha decided not to fit the bike with somewhere to mount spools?

I've had a look at a few threads on the site and found the TRex adapters. Is that the only way to get the bike onto a stand? Im yet unable to find a pic of an fz6r on paddles..

Thanks for your info and advice guys. Appreciate it.

474kz

I have the T-Rex spool adapters. They work great with my Pit Bull stand.
Thanks Cerebus. I kinda have a feeling that the only easy way Im going to get the bike on the stand is with the adapters. Im glad to know that they work :) Did you wind up mounting them at the end of the swingarm (I've seen pics of a cbr250 do this, but never an fz6r) or closer to the middle-ish ?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

thumbs up for t-rex spools great investment!! although my exhaust is starting to turn my spool a little bronzy :eek:

Bert-Aus

I used a stand with paddles & never had issues personally.
I always lined up the paddles just in front of the rear axle & made sure the paddles were spaced with only about 5mm freeplay (side to side)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Cerebus

Thanks Cerebus. I kinda have a feeling that the only easy way Im going to get the bike on the stand is with the adapters. Im glad to know that they work :) Did you wind up mounting them at the end of the swingarm (I've seen pics of a cbr250 do this, but never an fz6r) or closer to the middle-ish ?
Mine are lined up like Scott's. I think with the way our swing arm is, you have a limited area you can mount them.

474kz

I used a stand with paddles & never had issues personally.
I always lined up the paddles just in front of the rear axle & made sure the paddles were spaced with only about 5mm freeplay (side to side)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Hi Bert,

Thanks for that mate. By any chance are you able to send me a pic of how you did it please? If I can mount it on paddles, Id love to do that and put the money on HID lights or something along those lines. Also noticed you've got the Marthy exhaust - how much did it cost approximately to put in? I've seen the baffles way, but not too keen on drilling into a new bike. Cheers mate.