FZ6R Overheating

Jericho

Yamaha FZ6R is overheating and have replaced thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, and radiator cap.Checked for leaks on all hoses and all are perfect. Burped the coolant system. Only thing I've noticed is the coolant reservoir keeps being emptied when i add coolant to it. No white smoke comes from the exhaust or burnt coolant smell. Oil is perfect. I tried a combustion leak test on the radiator and the test came back negative. Fans kick on at intended temp. Bike starts overheating when at idle. What should I do next?

Rumpig

How's the radiator itself look ? Not full of dead bugs or the fins all bent ?
Losing coolant is usually a sign of the head gasket leaking but it doesn't sound like the problem from what you descibe .
The timing being off could be a cause , have a look at the spark plugs and see what they are like .

Here is the troubleshooting guide for overheating that is outlined in the service manual:
  • low coolant level
  • damaged or leaking radiator
  • faulty radiator cap
  • bent or damaged radiator fin
  • damaged or faulty water pump
  • thermostat
  • thermostat stays closed
  • oil cooler
  • clogged or damaged oil cooler
  • hose(s) and pipe(s)
  • damaged hose
  • improperly connected hose
  • damaged pipe
  • improperly connected pipe
They are given in no particular sequence to check.

Jericho

How's the radiator itself look ? Not full of dead bugs or the fins all bent ?
Losing coolant is usually a sign of the head gasket leaking but it doesn't sound like the problem from what you descibe .
The timing being off could be a cause , have a look at the spark plugs and see what they are like .
the radiator fins are undamaged and any dirt that was on the radiator i have already cleaned. but i will check the spark plugs. thanks 👍

Jericho

Here is the troubleshooting guide for overheating that is outlined in the service manual:
  • low coolant level
  • damaged or leaking radiator
  • faulty radiator cap
  • bent or damaged radiator fin
  • damaged or faulty water pump
  • thermostat
  • thermostat stays closed
  • oil cooler
  • clogged or damaged oil cooler
  • hose(s) and pipe(s)
  • damaged hose
  • improperly connected hose
  • damaged pipe
  • improperly connected pipe
They are given in no particular sequence to check.
ok thanks ill have a look