Fz6r mods

Drewsfz6r

G'day all
I'm from newcastle Australia and have had my fz6r for about 6 months now and in this time I have done some mods to it along the way and I thought I'll share where to get some of these parts because I had some troubles finding where to get them

first off is derestricting the bike only cost $150 and I got the part you just take the part off the bike and put this one straight in only 4 screws and a 15 min job... I got it from... Res - Art - Yamaha :: FZ6R / XJ6F Derestricted.

next was a radiator Guard cost 120 very easy to install got it from
PROtector

next was a two brothers full race exhaust and juice box cost me 1300 aus shipped from the USA.. I got both of them off eBay it's alot cheaper then buying them here I was quoted 1600 just for the exhaust alone here in aus... It's wasn't to hard to install these took me a couple of hours by my self and I'm very happy with the sound now people can hear me coming

next is a K&N air filter just picked this up from my local yamaha deal for $105 also easy to change filters over

now I'm currently waiting for my fender eliminater which I also pick up from eBay and that cost me $70

there is a few photos on my profile of some of these mods

firefighter57

Heres the big question...Do you feel like the de-restriction kit works? They said increase power up to 60%....that seems like an insane amount. If it works, that would be awesome

bear 86

Australian LAMS fz6r are restricted in the way of limiting throttle movement. In it's restricted form you have about 1/4 of the available throttle....so yeah with the derestrict kit the power would be significantly stronger. All the kit does is give back the full 100% of throttle..

firefighter57

Your bike is NOT restricted like the ones in Australia are.
Yeah thanks, once he explained it I figured. I didn't realize that the ausies have theirs restricted.

Johnno

Hi all, am thinking of purchasing an FZ6R but was told by the sales person the throttle AND the engine were restricted, the throttle looks like an easy fix, can anyone shed some light on any other restriction the bike has, am concerned that the the bottom end, pistons and other vitals may not be up to standard if you load the bike up with no throttle restriction???

Drewsfz6r

Hi all, am thinking of purchasing an FZ6R but was told by the sales person the throttle AND the engine were restricted, the throttle looks like an easy fix, can anyone shed some light on any other restriction the bike has, am concerned that the the bottom end, pistons and other vitals may not be up to standard if you load the bike up with no throttle restriction???
Hey mate
It's only the throttle stop that is derestricting the bike and it's a 10 min job to do this change... You can buy the part to replace it for about 150 or you can just cut the piece that's in there but then you have to buy that part again when it comes to sell it restricted... And about the concern you have with the bottom end and pistons no need to worry because they are a xj6 motor in them so they were built for the full power of the bike... I see your in Newcastle as am I so if you wanna see how the bike is derestricted and the part you have to replace let me know I'll happily show you...awesome bike to ride and plenty of power you won't be disappointed

ResArt

Hi
I am ResArt the guy who makes the deristriction kits, I was actually asked to make this kit by a bike shop because they needed the replacement throttle restrictor, they told me it was apart of the throttle body and could not be purchased seperately. THe throttle body and the plate together cost about $800 or some thing silly like that from memory.

The only restriction on the bike is the restriction on the throttle and once that is rectified you have the full potential of the 600 power and does transform the bike into a completely different machine.

Cheers

maddozzy

Hi
I am ResArt the guy who makes the deristriction kits, I was actually asked to make this kit by a bike shop because they needed the replacement throttle restrictor, they told me it was apart of the throttle body and could not be purchased seperately. THe throttle body and the plate together cost about $800 or some thing silly like that from memory.

The only restriction on the bike is the restriction on the throttle and on:thumbup::thumbup:ce that is rectified you have the full potential of the 600 power and does transform the bike into a completely different machine.

Cheers
Bought one of your derestrictors turned my bike from a pussycat into a cheetah

jgangoo

free derestriction

I got mine derestricted for free when I bought the bike from Geoff Taylors, Dandenong after showing my full license. I have got full license and I wont want 1000cc of power so I went for this model and yes it can go more than 200km/hr and get your license suspended for ever.