Fz6r help !! starting problem

medy01

First it was cracking but not starting like when i have no gas but it was full. i made i mistake after i removed the battery and when i putted it back it was the wrong side i plugged the négativ on + and the positiv on - and now im having another problem when i try to start it turn off automaticly dont know what happened!
I need help plz! Here the link of the video i took : https://youtu.be/TnpBsp9yQx8

Last edited:

blkbrd

Elite Member

Brent27

On top of what blackbird said, you may want to double check your fuses.

If the battery isn't the problem (you can take it to autozone or something like that and they can check the charge) then my guess is that you may have at least fried your starter, maybe more.

Last edited:

medy01

When i pulled The battery out GeForce it happened, i charged it with a 'car battery charger ´ i dont know if that killed out my battery . Dont know if i can jump start it ?

Brent27

When i pulled The battery out GeForce it happened, i charged it with a 'car battery charger ´ i dont know if that killed out my battery . Dont know if i can jump start it ?
If your battery is completely fried then if you can get it jump started and get going, you may be in the same place where it won't start again. Batteries can get to a point where you can't save them - if it's fried or it's been sitting for so long that that it's lost it's charge to the point of no return.

My suggestion is going to an autoparts store and have them test the battery. I'm not sure what you have in Canada, but most places in the States will test a battery for free.

If the charge on you battery is fine, then you could have blown something when you put it in backwards. My guess is if your battery is fine then you may have ruined the starter.

mike

Check the fuse in the starter solenoid. Follow the main + off the battery it goes directly to the solenoid.

Last edited:

medy01

Ok guys the first problem is fixed itself i dont know what happed but now i have another one the main one it cranking but not starting and smells gas dont know what can do this
Here new video : https://youtu.be/AusjdPTa7i4

Last edited:
Ok guys the first problem is fixed itself i dont know what happed but now i have another one the main one it cranking but not starting and smells gas dont know what can do this
Here new video : https://youtu.be/AusjdPTa7i4
Was that the original problem?
It sounds like its flooded. It made feable attempt at firing off. HOLD the throttle wide open and crank it for 20sec. Wait a 3" and repeat.

Do not JUMP from a running car as it will RUIN the Regulator Rectifier!

What changed that made it crank?
Fwiw - the starter is the last thing to be damaged by a battery polarity reversal. There are many other weaker links that can go first!

tw586

Was that the original problem?
It sounds like its flooded. It made feable attempt at firing off. HOLD the throttle wide open and crank it for 20sec. Wait a 3" and repeat.

Do not JUMP from a running car as it will RUIN the Regulator Rectifier!

What changed that made it crank?
Fwiw - the starter is the last thing to be damaged by a battery polarity reversal. There are many other weaker links that can go first!
That bike is sooooo flooded
pull the plugs as the cylinders will be full of fuel, crank it over with the coils disconnected and clean and reinstall plugs and give it a go

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

That bike is sooooo flooded
pull the plugs as the cylinders will be full of fuel, crank it over with the coils disconnected and clean and reinstall plugs and give it a go
Good call ^^ if just holding the throttle open doesn't work; if you go to this much effort either replace the plug or heat the base metal with a propane torch until the fuel burns off the porcelain... Roughly speaking your headed towards 225 - 275°F...

Its effective and it works. Let them air cool and then remove any ash or loose material...