FZ6R great bike--- onward to gsxr 750

pkoko

I am sorry but the urge of extra power was to hard to resist. I upgraded to gsxr-750 and I miss comfortable riding position on the FX6R. But the GSXR suspension is more tight. I haven't gotten the GSXR past 9K rpms but it hauls much faster than the Yamaha. BTW, the FZ6R rear seats are really nice... GSXR- seat is crap in comparison. SO two passengers the Yamaha wins every time.

comfort--- FZ6R
FUN- GSXR

fuel millage is about the same BTW

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

pkoko

Congrats! I'll be making the same jump next weekend. Post some pics!

What kind of gas mileage were you seeing on the FZ6R? I find it hard to believe but intriguing about the 750 getting similar mileage. Also what year GSX-R? Mods?
I will soon... I was getting 45-50 mpg on the Yamaha... on GSX-R 750 I am getting 43-47 mpg. And Yes, I don't floor it every time. This is under normal driving. My favorite thing on the Suzuki is the gear indicator. I wish Yamaha had that.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

gear indicator

I will soon... I was getting 45-50 mpg on the Yamaha... on GSX-R 750 I am getting 43-47 mpg. And Yes, I don't floor it every time. This is under normal driving. My favorite thing on the Suzuki is the gear indicator. I wish Yamaha had that.
Congrats. I wish we had a gear indicator too. How long can you go on the GSXR before you start to get uncomfortable?

zcypher

Congrats on the upgrade! I havent really been caring about lack of gear indicator on my FZ6R lately. I just got used to keeping track in my mind and knowing which gear is what speed at what rpms. Been looking for 7th gear a lot less lately hehe.

Enjoy the new toy!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

linkgt

I am sorry but the urge of extra power was to hard to resist. I upgraded to gsxr-750 and I miss comfortable riding position on the FX6R. But the GSXR suspension is more tight. I haven't gotten the GSXR past 9K rpms but it hauls much faster than the Yamaha. BTW, the FZ6R rear seats are really nice... GSXR- seat is crap in comparison. SO two passengers the Yamaha wins every time.

comfort--- FZ6R
FUN- GSXR

fuel millage is about the same BTW
Damn, 21 post and already on to a new bike. lol im jk. Congrats man. If I ever upgrade to a new bike, it will be the ninja 1000. Same comfortable seating, but a lot faster...

Ride safe.