FZ6R gonna be parked for a while =/

ajkewler

Went riding today with some friends down pch and some girl in a prius decides to jump into the lane where my buddy was riding and basically smashes into his suzuki. His fiancee was riding with him as a passenger and luckily they were fully geared so suffered only minor injuries.

He has some slight pain around the pelvic area from where he bumped into the gas tank. The bike flipped almost flipped and they both flipped off going head first into the street. Shoei helmets really did their job since they sustained almost no damage to their head, their helmets are totally gone though.

His bike is pretty much trashed, forks are all bent, fairings are cracked and all warped, and engine is basically leaking gas. Hope everyone keeps safe out there and watch for stupid drivers.

MikeN02

Went riding today with some friends down pch and some girl in a prius decides to jump into the lane where my buddy was riding and basically smashes into his suzuki. His fiancee was riding with him as a passenger and luckily they were fully geared so suffered only minor injuries.

He has some slight pain around the pelvic area from where he bumped into the gas tank. The bike flipped almost flipped and they both flipped off going head first into the street. Shoei helmets really did their job since they sustained almost no damage to their head, their helmets are totally gone though.

His bike is pretty much trashed, forks are all bent, fairings are cracked and all warped, and engine is basically leaking gas. Hope everyone keeps safe out there and watch for stupid drivers.
Ouch, it's idiot like these! Was the girl on the cell phone? How did she not see a group of bikes?!?

Let us know when you do get out of this phase and start riding again.

ajkewler

so why is your FZ6R being parked for awhile? dont get it.. :don'tknow:
My girl is afraid of riding it now since she saw the whole thing as she was the second bike and right behind them as it happened. It was her brother in law and her sister on the bike.

ajkewler

Ouch, it's idiot like these! Was the girl on the cell phone? How did she not see a group of bikes?!?

Let us know when you do get out of this phase and start riding again.
Not sure what she was doing, when the police came she claimed we were all lane splitting which we weren't and then she said that the bike came out of no where. We were all in the slow lane and she jumped from the middle lane into the right lane. What pissed me off the most was that she said he'll live and that her insurance will take care of everything.

ME_with_a_B

What pissed me off the most was that she said he'll live and that her insurance will take care of everything.
What a b@$*#!!!

Glad to hear everyone is ok. (and especially that the Shoei helmets did their job)

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

pyrocpu

"Prius driver" said it all... those are the ones who just don't think their mess stinks...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajkewler

Thanks guys, I think she's starting to feel a little better, she wasn't freaking out that I rode into work today, I commute about 100 miles a day. Hopefully once I lower her bike this wed she'll have the itch to take it out again.