FZ6R For Sale - Southern Ontario, Canada

Bigevildoer

Hey Everyone,

Haven't had too much success selling my FZ6R as of yet.
So, if anyone's interested, or know of anyone who's looking, please send them my way!

2009 FZ6R (Yamaha blue - fastest FZ6Rs out there naturally!)
6400 Km

Never dropped or abused (mature 40 yr. old rider)

Upgrades include:
Double bubble windscreen
Wheel Stripes
Flush Mount Turn Signals
Carbon Fiber bar ends
T-Rex Frame Sliders
Gorilla Alarm
Fender Eliminator

My price is $6500. Just paid off the loan at the bank a month ago for $6700. Total purchase price was $9500 after taxes last year. So, I'm really taking a bath on this one, but what can I do? Have 2 bikes, can only afford to insure one.

Thanks in advance!

nashvillenobody

I wish you the best of luck, and I really don't know what the market is like in Canada, but I know locally here you can pick up a brand new one for $5500 right off the show room floor (2009 model) and I just bought a used one with 546 miles on it for $4500.

Bigevildoer

I wish you the best of luck, and I really don't know what the market is like in Canada, but I know locally here you can pick up a brand new one for $5500 right off the show room floor (2009 model) and I just bought a used one with 546 miles on it for $4500.
ACK!
That would be over 50% depreciation in one year, not including the upgrades.
Currently, a new 2009 is about $7K plus taxes, freight, pdi here in Ontario.

If it comes down to it, I'll trade the bike and my car in on a different car... not 'cause I want to, but 'cause depreciation dictates. *sigh*

MikeN02

ACK!
That would be over 50% depreciation in one year, not including the upgrades.
Currently, a new 2009 is about $7K plus taxes, freight, pdi here in Ontario.

If it comes down to it, I'll trade the bike and my car in on a different car... not 'cause I want to, but 'cause depreciation dictates. *sigh*
Wow... a brand new R6 would cost you around that much, that's why I went with a FZ6-R as well cause it costs less than R6... then the 1000cc would cost you aroun d 10, to 13k

Bigevildoer

Wow... a brand new R6 would cost you around that much, that's why I went with a FZ6-R as well cause it costs less than R6... then the 1000cc would cost you aroun d 10, to 13k
Nowhere near on your guess for the R1...
$16699 MSRP
$2504 Tax
$500 Freight, PDI, etc.

Totals: $19703 for a 2010 R1.
With some price negotiations etc, I'm sure you could get it for about $18500-$18700.

Welcome to Canadian pricing.... :mad: Australian is even worse!!! :eek:

Mart Man FZ6R

You may be able to get your price then because your talking Canadian dollar. I got my 6R (2009) brand new in April for $6200 OTD in California.

Bigevildoer

You may be able to get your price then because your talking Canadian dollar. I got my 6R (2009) brand new in April for $6200 OTD in California.
Only problem is, there's only about a 6% difference between the US and CDN Dollar right now.. Oh well...

CDN6R

Due to the fact that the 2009/2010 FZ6R's are sold out here in Canada(That is what my dealer tells me) you may have a good chance of selling it. My dealer told me that there is a definite lack of good used mid sized(600cc) bikes avaliable. I recently sold my CBR 125R which I paid $2295 for last Sept,for $2100. It had 1800 KMS on it. Be patient it will sell.

Bigevildoer

Due to the fact that the 2009/2010 FZ6R's are sold out here in Canada(That is what my dealer tells me) you may have a good chance of selling it. My dealer told me that there is a definite lack of good used mid sized(600cc) bikes avaliable. I recently sold my CBR 125R which I paid $2295 for last Sept,for $2100. It had 1800 KMS on it. Be patient it will sell.
Well, I've had it on Kijiji for about 4 months, paid to have it at the top of the listings twice.. got about 4 responses, only one came out to see it, took him for a ride, said he wanted it and next day backed out.

Put it in the Autotrader twice - once for KW Region, once for Hamilton, Toronto etc... Got about 7 phishing attempts from their website, and that's it...

*SIGH*

Bikegirl88

have you listed it on the GTMA forum?

ry-mac75

autotrader

Autotrader has been LOUSY. I tried to sell my 93 sportster... all i got were phishing attempts. NOTHING else. Put it on Kijiji or whatever... I got someone that offered me HALF my asking price. I told them, "thanks, but for that price - its under my ass."

Nothing beats putting on the lawn of a buddy's place w/ a lot of traffic on a long weekend.

CDN6R

Autotrader has been LOUSY. I tried to sell my 93 sportster... all i got were phishing attempts. NOTHING else. Put it on Kijiji or whatever... I got someone that offered me HALF my asking price. I told them, "thanks, but for that price - its under my ass."

Nothing beats putting on the lawn of a buddy's place w/ a lot of traffic on a long weekend.
One thing I hate to do is try to sell something. Some twit never asks me about the item in question, they just ask " How low will you go?" OR "How much will you take?" Nothing burns my butt than those questions before they even ask about the item I am selling:mad:

Bigevildoer

have you listed it on the GTMA forum?
Nope... haven't signed up for that Forum... I read too many as it is already! But, I will sign up and put up a posting.

Thanks for the tip!

8CH

First off, is the bike still available for sale?

I am interested; although I'm not looking to do anything until at least March of next year for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

PS How much faster is the blue version than the other colours? :justkidding:

newtoo

still for sale?

I know this thread is old, but if you still haven't sold your FZ6 I might be interested...

Thanks

FZ6R-Canada

Just traded in my 2009 FZ6R with 5000kms and got $5250 for it at the dealer.
The canadian blue book value is about $4800 for a 2009 in excellent condition.
If the market in southern Ontario is anything like it is around Ottawa I think you will be hard pressed to get $6500 for it.
Best of luck on your sale.