FZ6R Exhaust,which one?

CDN6R

Hello all again. My FZ6R is less than a month old but I have already been looking into a new exhaust for my bike. As you all know by now 2 Bros makes one for our bike(allot of you have it) but as good as it is,I prefer the classic style with a canister fitted by the back wheel. So this means that the total length of the exhaust pipe from header to canister,of the classic style is longer than the type that 2 Bros markets for our bikes.( the 2 Bros pipe is a "mid ship" design with the exhaust canister just under the rear brake pedal).So my question is what are the advantages or disadvantages if the 2 Bros design over the longer design of the classic set up with the canister mounted by the back wheel? On the same engine which one will give better midrange torque and which one will give the most H.Power and why? I am really thinking of getting the one pictured as it is about the same price as the 2 Bros set up but am wondering about the different designs and how different they will "act" on my stock FZ6R. Thanks to all Laurie P.

dcBear78

About the only difference I can see is some minor custom mounting work, where the TBR will pretty much attach where the old one was.

The traditional style may be the cheaper option though as it is usually done using 2nd hand R6 headers and your can of choice.

I personally like the look of the midship exhaust, in particular the TBR one.

CDN6R

Thanks for the reply,, I have been looking into the R6s header option and a slip on canister but that would probably mean making a mounting pipe to fit between the 2(canister and header). I don't have the skill or equipment to do it though. But what I am really after is the difference of H.P and Torque between the 2 designs on the 6R engine.

MikeN02

Thanks for the reply,, I have been looking into the R6s header option and a slip on canister but that would probably mean making a mounting pipe to fit between the 2(canister and header). I don't have the skill or equipment to do it though. But what I am really after is the difference of H.P and Torque between the 2 designs on the 6R engine.
Usually when you buy an exhaust can, it comes with the midpipe that connects the headers to the muffler can.

If you're talking about chopping down the midpipe so it won't be as long then that's another story.

Disadvantage of the traditional design if you go R6 headers is you can't really half ass shaving off the peg, and have to come up with an idea to mount the can.

You can't really use the rear wheel stand if your traditional style is too low.

btastarsky

One of the other major difference between a side exhaust system and a midship system is balance. With a midship system, the bike has a lower center of gravity is more balanced left to right. With a side system, the bike is gonna lean a bit faster to the right, slower to the left due to weight distribution. I love the midship design and was glad my mechanic was able to build my system with the Viper can and keep is mostly still under the bike. The only alternatives to keep the midship type balance is to use fab up an undertail exhaust or go with dual side exhaust (one each side). The problem with a dual side exhaust is that our motor isnt really meant for that much flow i dont think. Unless you use smaller pipes, there wont be enough back pressure and the valves will burn up.

Bigevildoer

Grinch79

So would this go onto our stock headers where it connects down to the 2 pipe? If we can drop the this on our bikes without spending the $900 +/- what are we really missing? Unless the TBR system headers are that much better than ours. :confused:

MikeN02

I believe that is the Two Brothers Pipe only, if you have the two brothers headers already and something happened to the can only.

The thing is you can't connect anything to our stock headers, it's all one piece and you can't really remove anything like regular headers where there is a header, midpipe and exhaust can.

cavcuz05

i went the traditional route w/ the r6 header and PCV... i dont notice any gravity issues even if there were its VERY minimal...also i yeild more power than the TBR with juice box:thumbup:

ry-mac75

Just back from the shop!!

I just got my 2 bros exhaust on and KA-POW! IT'S AWESOME! It really howls, more snap and looks great. For the first time EVER - a car heard me coming and checked his blind spot to see where I was. Fully recommend it... just an FYI... it is VERY loud.

CDN6R

i went the traditional route w/ the r6 header and PCV... i dont notice any gravity issues even if there were its VERY minimal...also i yeild more power than the TBR with juice box:thumbup:
I am sorry but what do you mean by PCV and did you use a stock R6 header or a aftermarket(performance) one.

SSgtBaarnes

I also have the 2 Bros exhaust (carbon fiber can) and totally love it! The sound is great and it's already kept me from getting pushed out of a lane a dozen times. The problem on the stock exhaust is the lack of sound imo. Diluted actually put together a group buy on the w Bros if you're interested. All in all, I'd say it was well worth the money and I wish I had done it sooner.

MikeN02

I am sorry but what do you mean by PCV and did you use a stock R6 header or a aftermarket(performance) one.
PCV = Power Commander V, it's a fuel management system when you put on a new full system to balance out the air to fuel mixture.

There is no other option besides R6 headers, unless you're talking about two brothers headers but that only works for the two brothers pipe.