FZ6R Exhaust question

Rich007

For starters I hate how quiet the stock exhaust is and I am wondering if the R6 exhaust will fit on my 12 FZ6R and if so what years should I look for?

Kdubb223

Search is your new best friend :)

Fz6r only has a couple full systems that will fit without modification... You could also modify the stock setup or go Marthys route. But all of the available options have been discussed at length. Also there are no slip ons for the bike.

Rich007

Trust me I know there are no slip on's for this bike. I figured someone knows of a header that will fit and from what years R6

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Rich007

You people are so helpful. So I can search the FZ6R exhaust and come up a with a ton of useless information till I find what I am looking for in 3 days or someone could just freakin tell me. Or none of you know what the hell you are talking about just like every other know it all forum.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rich007

Don't take it personal, we just enjoy ripping on newbies asking questions on subjects that have been beat to death. Lol

3 options
1 get a full exhaust from Two Bro
2 I can hook you up... check my website
3 you do the work yourself

There's no slip-on for the 6R...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I could buy from Two Brothers (I wouldn't have to trouble anyone on the forum)
Yes I could have you do it for me
Or I could do it myself and purchase the silencer from you.

I am trying to do it myself, my first step is to ask around the forum and find out what header I need to start with. If I need to I can bend pipe at work and weld. In fact if I really wanted too I could probably make a header at work on the pipe bender. Unfortunately I don't feel like shelling out the cash for the small adapters that it would take for that size pipe for one job.

Last edited by a moderator:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Riccochet

M4 also makes an exhaust for our bikes. Just sayin ... :jerk:

If you have the means and skill to bend your own pipes then why not just cut the flanges off the stock headers and make your own? A 4-1 collector isn't expensive. Then you can add a mid-pipe and use any damn can you want.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Rich007

Okay everyone, please tone it down. He has asked a question, and everyone keeps saying there is no slip on. He has said multiple times that he knows there isn't one. While I know there is a "what slip on will fit my bike" thread started all the time, this is not it. He is asking what year R6 headers fit, because he wants to do the work himself. This is not what our forum is about. We don't bash this way. He isn't asking about an obvious topic. Please try to treat other members with respect.

I think this thread will be helpful. I know it is daunting, but honestly, I think the general consensus is that it is easier to use the stock FZ6R headers over the R6 headers, because you don't have to bend them, the way you do with the R6 headers.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/r6-exhaust-marthy-edition-20383/

Bleedinblue used an '01 R6 header for his project: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/bleedinblues-custom-exhaust-28580/#post389956
Thank you Rabbitman
One goes on a forum to get information on what will and will not work. I am sure this topic has come up before and will come up again in the future. Do yourselves a favor before you all race to be the first one to say "use the search function" like you won the race or something and do it yourselves and see what info you come up with and how much useless information there is on that subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

abyss1406

you could gut the cat and modify the tail pipe like i did :D its awesome