FZ6R Black Forks?

cbzdel

Alot of Yamaha advertisement photos I have seen of the FZ6R show black front forks on the bikes. I have not seen any user photos and seen black forks though. Is this something Yamaha did to make their advertisements look better? (some car companies show their cars lowed and have dark tinted windows to make them look more appealing to the younger folk)

Or am I completely wrong and some bikes have the black forks??

I am just wondering because I am looking at new black handlebars and all I will need is black forks to complete the look and I am still questioning painting them...

tractorboy

I have the yellow R and it has black forks....I think the Yellow and white have black and the blue and black have silver...I could be wrong.

But I do know mine are black for sure...matt black to match the frame. I think the bikes with silver forks have silver frames too....I swear ive seen a silver frame..maybe on the blue.

cbzdel

Looking out the window my Raven frame looks like a gunmetal color, I never even noticed it lol.. I still think it would look better with black forks lol.. Anyone wanna trade their black forks for a set of silver forks? :drool:

Roaddawg

I was thinking of painting my forks black or the same dark gunmetal gray color like the frame. I wonder why Yamaha put silver forks on the black and blue bikes. I think the black looks so much better.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Black forks....jealous much? lol

Sorry guys, I had to. :spank:

MNDZA

Yeah they should have just made all of them black. What goes better with black than black? Or blue with black. The white could be pulled off with silver though.

cbzdel

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

tractorboy

yeah......just make it all black.......on all colors.......frames and forks!!!!

Make it black and drop the price 10 bucks as you dont have to have two powder coating booths.....LOL

I noticed that in the beginning looking at a blue one that came in BEFORE MY YELLOW ONE!! The Nerve !!

L

Love Enigma

Yup =] Sure enough, my old forks are black, too. =] I have the white fz6r.

Stylish, no?