Fz6 vs fz6r?

Chevyfazer

So I've had my fz6 a little over a year now and have loved every min of it. My question is for those of you who have purchased a used bike or a new bike >09 when the fz6 was still available. I personally have never rode a R but, have here nothing but good things from owners so the question is this, why did you choose the fz6r over the fz6? Looks, cost, beginner and didn't want the top end power, or what. I know the R has more mid range punch then the 6 but the top end of the 6 is a force to be recond with when it comes to standard 600cc bikes, and when I'm riding hard I rarely dip below 8k anyways, plus the way my bike is set up it is pretty much gutless below 7k (lack of back pressure) but the top end is biblacle. So what made you go for the fz6r over the fz6?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Yeah when I get my bonus, and tax refund (sometime around march) I plan on getting a pc3 and going for a good dyno tune and might even buy me some r6 cams while I'm at it.

And your dad is awesome that's one he'll of a birthday present!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

yfz6r

I got it over the fz6 because I needed something new and reliable for cheap (4500) that would commute me my last 2 years of college. The looks of the 6r will sell it easier than the fz6 in my area (99% squids that don't belong on 2 wheels). The easy sell is my only reason.

Alex6

FZ6 would be my 1st choice. Unfortunately this model was not available new anymore, at least in the US.

dcBear78

Licence restrictions. Really wanted an FZ6. Had one all done about to be shipped when the dealer took one last check and realised I was not authorised to ride it. As finance and insurance was involved he couldn't sell it to me. So ended up with the 6R.

Kinda wished I had bought a cheaper learner bike and saved my coin to buy a real bike. But things are different this side of the planet with regards to restrictions etc.

Hellgate

You know me Chevy, I'd get an R1. :rolleyes:

If I was doing it all over again back in 2007, and the 6R was available, I'd do it all over again and pick the FZ6; alum frame, larger diameter forks, four pot brakes, underseat exhaust, alum swingarm, and...MORE POWER!!!!

Chevyfazer

If I was doing it all over again back in 2007, and the 6R was available, I'd do it all over again and pick the FZ6; alum frame, larger diameter forks, four pot brakes, underseat exhaust, alum swingarm, and...MORE POWER!!!!
I here ya I actually was looking for something similar to the fz6 but i was originally hoping for more power but I kinda fell into a great deal, I had a car that I wanted to get rid of that I inherited, and I found a guy on Craigslist who wanted to trade the 6 for a old Chevy. So I was all over it like stank on sh!t.

KeysRider3

FZ6 wasn't available, but I would have gone with the R anyway because of the fairing. It's a very capable street bike, and will more than hold its own on the turnpike.

Alex6

...underseat exhaust!:drool: