fuse keeps blowing

rahlo1

ok i took each light off one at a time and narrowed it down to the left rear blinker im rewiring that one now. i will keep you posted

N

nccoder

ok i took each light off one at a time and narrowed it down to the left rear blinker im rewiring that one now. i will keep you posted

See? your getting there! Yay! You'll get it, we have confidence in you!

N

nccoder

Also check your wiring harness any where near the steering. Make sure you don't have a pinched wire/harness. Get a flashlight. Look carefully. If you can't see, feel with your fingers. Make sure any incandescent lamps are the correct lamps and that they have been inserted correctly into the sockets and that the socket isn't damaged.

U

urbanj

when you are done, do a wiggle test. grab the harness, splice or where ever and just wiggle the crap out of it and see if it blows. Kinda odd it only happens when you take off. so how about if you have the bike sitting on the stand and rev it. Does it blow then?

rahlo1

ok guys heres the final result. the problem was never with the lights it was the wire thats attached to the clutch lever it was being pulled and was causing the fuse to blow. so make sure you check that wire and make sure that it has room to move because if not it will short out and blow the fuse. i would like to thank everyone who replied and tried to help out you guys are the best

N

nccoder

ok guys heres the final result. the problem was never with the lights it was the wire thats attached to the clutch lever it was being pulled and was causing the fuse to blow. so make sure you check that wire and make sure that it has room to move because if not it will short out and blow the fuse. i would like to thank everyone who replied and tried to help out you guys are the best

I knew you could do it! I had no doubt in you! You are the Man! :rockon:

And you gave us your experience!
Very Cool....

Cliff